In this role, you will join a team of Data Research Analysts committed to delivering accurate, timely, and complete investment data for a variety of investment vehicles. This position works closely with internal product and service teams, data teams in North America, Europe, and Asia, and multiple data providers. You will learn the nuances of investment Products, Performance reporting, and Morningstar's approach to data collection and quality, and will become an expert in answering data questions from colleagues and clients. This position will report to Tiago Morais, Team Leader Level II of the Americas Data & Development Center. This role is based in Chicago.
- Collaborate strongly with the global data teams
- Continuously evaluate procedures, create, and enhance analytical tools, and implement process improvement projects
- Act as an expert regarding investment data points and calculations, answering questions and escalations from data team
- Keep up to date on current and new financial regulations
- Drive process improvement by applying LEAN Six Sigma tools and implementing process automation
- Track, evaluate, and determine resolution approach for complex data issues
- Demonstrate a high sense of ownership of the issues in the data ticket queue to be responsive and provide timely updates, follow-up, expedition, and resolution
- Prioritize issues by severity and impact
- Understand roles, responsibilities, and expertise of internal stakeholders to expedite issue resolution. Stakeholders include all Morningstar employees whose expertise may be relevant to the resolution of a particular data question
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent is required
- Excellent writing, communication, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, capable of handling high volumes of cases and meeting strict deadlines
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with Morningstar's internal database tools and data collection processes, including but not limited to Data Manager, GPP, Portfolio DataManager, XOI, and TSDB
- Expertise in Morningstar data, methodology, quality, and processes
- Excellent capabilities with Microsoft Excel
- A deep customer service focus and strong attention to detail.
- Collaborates well in a team environment, can communicate and work with team members from diverse backgrounds, in a conscientious and inclusive way.
- Solid understanding of the financial industry and passionate about investment data
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity