Data Scientist and Strategic Visualization Lead at West Monroe
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is investing to build a team within our growing Strategic Growth function responsible for incorporating data and insights to influence our strategic direction. The data and insights from this newly formed team will help inform our positioning, shape our client and employee experience, report on progress against our strategic goals and use data to uncover new opportunities to shape the direction of our firm.
As a leader in the growing Strategic Growth function, the Data Scientist and Strategic Visualization Lead will be responsible for partnering with Strategic Growth and Marketing teams as well as business units leads to assess and manage insights, reporting, analysis, and data visualization needs. This person will be responsible for developing and executing on a reporting and analytics roadmap to provide insights related to strategy and relevant go-to-market trends to leadership. He/she will also be expected to roll-up their sleeves to design and build reports and visualizations, partnering with both the business and IT functions to bring their ideas to life.
We are looking for someone that brings passion and new ideas to the table and has a proven track record of empowering leaders with insights and uncovering new insights to influence business decisions. You are an ambitious individual with outstanding, proven analytical capabilities and intellectual curiosity who enjoys partnering with business leaders to grasp large complex data sets and develop clear business solutions aligned to the Firm’s strategic direction. You are a well-rounded problem solver with the ability to drive results in a high-energy growth environment. You partner with the business to understand their goals and guide data and reporting needs to empower leaders to maximize business value.
The ideal candidate must have a demonstrated ability to build relationships, influence leaders, think strategically, and provide excellent customer service, while also combining the technical skills to build the insights and visualizations. He/she also loves bringing their ideas to life, blending the technical data modeling, report development, and analytical thought to tell a clear story in PowerBI, Tableau and/or Salesforce.
This position will perform a key role in providing business analysis, decision support and thought leadership. This includes developing forecasts and analyses, generating internal management reports, monitoring key performance indicators and driving the automation of this information. In doing so, you will audit and visualize data and manage projects that improve our system and dashboard capabilities.
This role will have the opportunity to work closely with the leadership of West Monroe, specifically the Chief Strategy Officer, Chief Marketing Officer and Chief Information Officer while reporting into the Strategy Team Lead.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
- Work across business stakeholders to build reports to support business management and influence decision making
Continually identify process improvements, innovate, and advance insights to influence decision making, internal technology and processes
- Prioritize and manage the backlog of reporting requirements and data needs
- Design and implement visualizations based on defined KPIs, strategic goals, market trends and scorecards that identify business trends vs expectations
- Develop, test, and deploy reporting from end-to-end product management across design, development, testing, roll-out, and change management processes
- Develop and own documentation of reporting metrics
- Bring expertise or identifies domain experts in support of multi-functional efforts to identify, interpret, and produce recommendations based on company reporting and data needs
- Ability to use data to convey meaningful stories, uncover issues and propose solutions to internal stakeholders
- Produce regular and ad-hoc analyses, modeling, reports, and presentations
- Ensure data integrity and accuracy by working with the business to validate data displayed in Power BI, Tableau and Salesforce
- Developing solutions to handle large volume data sets that are typical with BI solutions
- Generate ad hoc reports and regular datasets or report information for end-users using system tools and database or data warehouse queries and scripts
- Integrate data from various sources to produce requested or required data elements.
- Program and maintain report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators, canned reports, and other end-user information portals or resources. May craft specifications for reports based on business requests.
- Expert with BI stacks: Tableau, Power BI, Salesforce, Excel and Pivot Table/SSAS
- A minimum of 7+ years relevant experience in designing and creating insights and reports to leadership
- 4-6 years’ experience developing content and dashboards in business intelligence and data visualization tools, 3-5 of which include professional experience using Tableau or Power BI
- Experience integrating multiple data sources
- Experience with building reports and utilizing 3rd party packages
- Experience using DAX and Semantic Modeling to build reports and queries
- Experience in data preparation, data gateway and data warehousing projects
- Familiarity with Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack using Power BI, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS
- Familiarity with Tableau and/or Salesforce
- Knowledge and experience with Azure Analytics such as Data Factory, Data Lake, Databricks and Synapse a plus
- Experience or desire to build a reporting and data function from the ground up, including processes, deliverables, etc. ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business, statistics, data science, or computer studies or other related field of study is preferred
- Successful track record of designing, developing, launching and maintaining reports and insights from start to finish (i.e., hands on experience)
- A self-starter with high degree of autonomy, independence and executive presence; Self-direct management of multiple projects
- Experience working for a Professional Services organization is a must
- Experience working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.wmp.com/inclusion.