Data Scientist - Credit Risk
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation – we’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- Master’s or PhD degree in statistics, applied mathematics, financial mathematics, engineering, operations research, or another highly quantitative field.
- A track record of academic excellence - At least four (4) years of professional experience performing analytic work in the Telecommunications industry
- Multiple examples of demonstrated success in client-facing roles over a period of at least three (3) years
- Advanced programming skills; mastery of a statistical language such as R or SAS
- Experience using other programming and data manipulation languages (SQL, Hive, Pig, Python, C/C++, Java)
We’d love to see:
- Ability to travel 10-20%
- Versatile interpersonal and communication style with the ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels within and outside the organization;
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments effectively
- A deep understanding of current industry challenges and trends at the level needed to proactively identify customers’ analytical needs and related business opportunities
Impact You'll Make:
- You will partner with internal and external cross-functional teams to drive new business initiatives and deliver long term value-added product propositions for B2B customers in the US financial services segment at TransUnion. This includes but is not limited to the development of predictive risk management and business intelligence solutions for credit card issuers, auto & mortgage lenders, telecommunications, collections agencies and retail banks.
- You will design and lead client engagements involving descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analysis leveraging a variety of techniques (such as segmentation, logistic regression, survival analysis, principal component analysis, Monte Carlo simulation, scenario and sensitivity analysis, and machine learning); this will involve delegating tasks to other team members and managing the team to meet deliverables on time.
- You will design and write programs for data extraction, segmentation and statistical analysis on large population datasets using languages such as R, SAS, SQL, Hive, and Pig on Linux, PC, and mainframe computing platforms.
- You will deliver analytic insights and recommendations in succinct and compelling presentations for internal and external customers and an executive audience.
- You will serve as an advisor and partner to the senior management team: proactively seek out opportunities for innovation and present new ideas and solutions on behalf of the team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.