About the role:
Fraud is something we encounter on a regular basis and as a Data Scientist in Fraud Analytics, you will be one of Enova’s most valuable team members. You will develop, enhance and test the company’s rules, models and operational processes for use in determining the appropriate lending criteria and verification procedures specifically related to preventing fraud. You will also conduct ad hoc analysis using statistical and financial tools to recommend fraud prevention strategies.
You will interpret and organize data, and communicate it effectively to cross functional teams to solve business problems, provide requirements and support implementation. You will work with senior management to develop key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure that our fraud prevention schemes are performing optimally.
We're excited about you if you have:
- 3-7 years of experience in Analytics or a related field
- 2+ years of experience using statistical and/or machine learning models focused on fraud
- Advanced programming skills and the ability to write customized programs for meaningful data analysis
- Experience working with relational databases such as SQL
- Knowledge of statistical/predictive modeling
- A Bachelor's degree, Master’s or PhD in a quantitative field
About our Analytics team:
Enova's Analytics team consists of 100+ quantitative professionals dedicated to using the latest cutting-edge techniques to drive business value. We are a shared service for the entire company and operate in four core Analytics workgroups:
- Portfolio Analytics – This team focuses on building cutting edge risk, pricing, and underwriting models to optimize our lending decisions by using advanced modeling and simulation techniques to optimize the performance of our loan products and operations.
- Fraud Analytics – Analysts on the fraud team use advanced data mining techniques to identify and fight online fraud.
- Marketing Analytics – The Marketing Analytics team is focused on applying statistical analysis and predictive modeling to help our marketing teams acquire and retain more valuable customers.
- Research, Architecture and Platforms - The RAP team builds and maintains all of our technical tools and platforms. They help investigate new analytics methodologies, use cases, and data sources, to institute new and best practices within the department.
Enova has a company-wide culture that emphasizes data-driven analysis. That means you spend less time presenting and more time with the fun part, crunching data. We are language agnostic, but primarily use Python, R, SAS, SQL and Mathematica. That means YOU get to pick the tool that works best for you and the analysis at hand.
Enova is a leading financial technology company providing online financial services through its AI and machine learning powered lending platform. Enova serves the needs of non-prime consumers and small businesses, who are frequently underserved by traditional banks. Enova has provided more than 7 million customers with over $40 billion in loans and financing with market leading products that provide a path for them to improve their financial health. Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.