Data Scientist at Strata Decision Technology
How you’ll make an impact:
As a Data Scientist, you will have the opportunity to work with many of the nation’s leading healthcare providers in utilizing their financial, operational, and clinical data to drive their mission of providing world-class care while improving financial health. Your work will bring new insights to individual clients, client collaboratives and the industry.
- Applying data mining techniques and statistical analysis to healthcare and financial data across our customer base
- Consulting and building the ideal data environment that will enable data insights to go from single reports to fully integrated modules within StrataJazz, our “Best in KLAS” enterprise SaaS solution and StrataSphere our new Benchmarking and cross client analytics tool
- Working within a product scrum team to enhance the StrataSphere Benchmarking product
- Meeting with clients to answer their questions about Benchmarking calculations
- Building training and “gold standard” testing databases
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Conducting ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clean, clear and actionable manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
What we’re looking for:
- A Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in: Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or Engineering
- 4-6 years experience using statistical data analysis techniques on projects within healthcare and/or finance
- Expertise in translating strategic questions into tactical work plans and outputs
- Experience working with large, complex data sets, normalizing and building training sets and models
- Ability to install and configure tools needed for analysis of large data sets
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naïve Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Strong scripting and programming skills using common data science languages such as R and Python.
- Experience with text mining and Natural Language Processing algorithms
- Ability to present results of analysis to differing audiences within healthcare on both the financial and clinical side (CFO, CEO, CMIO, Physicians, etc)
- Experience working with clients to investigate data challenges and collaborate with clients on solution development
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau
- Proficiency in using SQL
- Experience with cloud computing services such as AWS, Sagemaker and Snowflake
- Strong applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Data-oriented personality
Here @ Strata…
Who we are:
We are committed to our mission to help heal healthcare. Our culture is driven by our people solving problems together. We embrace learning, collaboration, and continuous career growth. Together, we lift our customers, our products, our company and our community.
We believe that each of our team member’s unique perspectives and experiences is what drives innovation and positive change. Our individual differences are what make us a more forward-thinking organization. We foster a culture of inclusion, equity and belonging, regardless of race, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Here at Strata, we are guided by a set of principles called the StrataWay. These values keep us honest and ensure that we are always representing ourselves and our organization as best we can. They are at the core of who we are and how we support one another.
- Serve: We partner with our customers to provide quality solutions that will make their lives easier. We extend service to our community to drive purposeful change
- Rock: Our work makes a meaningful impact, no matter what role we play on the team. We are open and receptive to new ways of doing things, always innovating, and never becoming complacent.
- Grow: We are life-long learners and embrace change that will help us grow professionally and personally. We embrace a culture of feedback and acknowledge that progress is more important than perfection.
- StrataPro: We show up every day as the best version of ourselves. We treat others as we would want to be treated (and then some). We commit to getting better every day in everything that we do, upholding the highest level of integrity even in the face of challenges.
Strata Decision Technology provides an innovative set of software and service solutions to help healthcare providers better analyze, plan and perform in support of caring for their community and reducing the cost of care. Our customer base includes over 2,000 hospitals and over 400 healthcare delivery systems. Founded in 1996, our mission is to Help Heal Healthcare™. For more information, please go to www.stratadecision.com.