Data Scientist at Fetch Rewards
Defeat the Odds!
Our vision is to leverage technology to transform shopping into an engaging, rewarding, and delightful experience, ultimately propelling the time-worn grocery shopping experience into the 21st century. Our technology platform, based around a free smartphone app, ensures that users have the best shopping experience possible. Headquartered in Madison, Wi with offices in Chicago, Denver and New York, we pride ourselves on two things -- the caliber of our work and the scope of our ambition.
Fetch’s next step in evolving the grocery shopping experience will require a Data Scientist who will work in our Chicago office.
The Data Scientist will work closely with the VP of Analytics to ensure our projects are successfully implemented. They will partner with the Client Service teams to help create Analytical Solutions that help our clients get rich insights from our unique data repositories that include Fetch app usage data, shopper transaction data and other shopper / product dimensions. This person will also serve as a key member of our analytics team, conceptualizing and carrying out analyses that demonstrate the data’s value and building algorithms that elevate the platform. Success in this role requires a driven problem-solver that is prepared to design and develop solutions.
- Drive actionable insights from data and present them to external and internal clients through Tableau / Powerpoint / Excel in a compelling manner
- Create SQL/Python programming modules for custom insights required by our clients. Leverage statistical analysis to understand what is “acceptable” versus “outliers”.
- Contribute to Data Exploration needed to enhance the cleanliness and effectiveness of our data sources
- Create well documented coding and analytics packets to ensure reusability as the team expands.
- Contribute to Analytics Data Management by understanding and implementing the right level of summary tables needed to answer repeated business questions, working off Big Data platforms like Spark, AWS, etc. as needed
SKILLS WE BELIEVE YOU NEED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Programming skills in form of Python & SQL. Concise and organized programming skills will be highly valuable
- Familiarity with the works of Spark, AWS S3 will be valuable
- Familiarity with the Retail/CPG/Shopper domain will be valuable
- Familiarity with Tableau or experience with any other visualization tool will be useful
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
We know we're both succeeding when:
- Our Clients express delight in consuming insights through our analytics powered Business Intelligence solutions as well as custom analytics that we provide to them
- Our Codes, Solutions are well documented and are reusable for rest of the team
- You find yourself excited to tell people about what we're building here at Fetch. You wake up truly excited because you know what you do today will directly impact a young growing company.
Those interested in learning what’s next can forward a resume to [email protected].
Other positions can be viewed here https://www.fetchrewards.com/careers