- Use machine learning to improve and automate processes in SMS proprietary tools.
- Apply data mining techniques to make recommendations based on data and communicates results through insightful visualizations, reports and presentations.
- Improve the dataset (or data repository) quality by cleaning the company’s data and collecting information from new sources.
- Translate business analytics problems into technical approaches in diverse domains such as vendor recommendation, work scheduling and technician dispatch, etc.
- Collaborate with different teams to develop, refine, and scale procedures and workflows.
- Foster a positive team environment.
- Ensure confidentiality of internal and external data.
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned.
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
- Verbal Communication - Proficient
- Written Communication - Proficient
- Teamwork - Proficient
- Relationships - Proficient
- Negotiation - Proficient
- Organizational Awareness - Proficient
- Learning Agility - Proficient
- Analysis - Proficient
- Problem Solving - Proficient
- Process Orientation - Proficient
- Prioritization - Advanced
Role Specific Skills
- Strong mathematical and statistical skills.
- Programming Languages: SQL, Python
- Understanding of ETL tools and database architecture
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Computer Science, or with equivalent professional experience.
- Experience using a machine learning framework e.g. scikit-learn, torch or similar
- Experience with a statistical software (e.g. R, SAS)
- 0-2 years of experience as a data scientist, working closely within a business
Other Relevant Qualifications
- PhD or M.S. in related fields.
- Experience with natural language processing.
- Advanced knowledge of Data Warehousing and BI best practices
- Experience with big data tools such as Spark, Hadoop, etc.
- Experience with Tableau or Superset.