Data Strategy Analyst
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation we’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of hands-on experience working with rich data from both internal and external sources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to obtain and integrate disparate and complex data sets, synthesize it, and succinctly communicate findings for senior executives
- Problem-solving and analytical, experience with interpreting customer business needs and translating them into business requirements, and fulfilling them on time (within SLAs)
- Highly collaborative with prior experience working closely with project teams from different disciplines such as IT, Project Management, Sales, Marketing Services, Analytic Data Service
- Self-motivated and can act independently with little direction; highly organized, and results oriented
- Technically strong with strong proficiency in MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Project required; Working knowledge of Unix/Linux and other programming tools like C, C Sharp, Java, Python, JSON
We’d Love to See:
- Working knowledge of Ab Initio is highly desirable
- Working knowledge of data analysis tools such as SAS, SPSS and/or SQL
- Working knowledge of process flows, data flows, and data models and MS Access a plus
Impact You'll Make:
- Expectations in the first 90 days – You will work with and learn from key department stakeholders to understand their product needs, learn and research our current data, tools, process, and solutions. You will also support in capturing and documenting requirements from meetings with SME’s from various business unites, prepare time estimates for assigned tasks and attend post-implementation reviews. You will be exposed to analyzing multiple datasets and learn how to connect these datasets together.
- What you’ll accomplish beyond 90 days – With limited direction, you will develop code, test, debug, maintain, modify, and execute moderately complex business and technical requirements and make determinations for either modifications of existing solutions or new solutions to be developed for a specific application, system, and/or database. You will document specifications and flowcharts, (data flows, job flows, etc.), for stand-alone solutions. Prepare concise internal solution documentation on solution development and revisions and operational instruction manual, and convey problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers, customers and management.
- As an Analyst in the Data Strategy team, your impact will extend to work cross-functionally with peers in various business units to analyze, develop, and execute new POC versions of processes or solutions for use by various Business units. These solutions will utilize both internal and external data sources and will be built by leveraging existing solutions and new processes. After a product is developed and rolled out, the Analyst will serve as the SME, providing support to the business and GT.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.