At Braviant, we believe in hiring great talent and offering them the flexibility to achieve great results unbounded by geography. Braviant is offering a fully remote option for anyone out of state who wants to join our team and help us grow or a hybrid option for those who want to join our Chicago office.
Who we are:
Braviant is a leading provider of tech-enabled credit products that combines breakthrough technology and cutting-edge machine learning to transform how people access credit online. Our next-generation approach to lending reduces credit barriers and creates a Path to Prime to help millions of underbanked consumers build credit history, reduce their cost of borrowing, and take control of their personal finances.
Our Database Developer will be instrumental to Braviant’s success by individually contributing to and collaborating with the database team on designs and implementations for Braviant’s online transaction processing (OLTP) database. A successful Database Developer will be responsible for requirement analysis all the way through production deployment and support enabling the growth of our online lending applications. The Database Developer will be working collaboratively with our product, data, and software engineering teams on designs and implementations to grow our business while reporting directly to the OLTP Database Architect.
What you will be doing:
- Working with our product team to understand business requirements as they relate to our OLTP database.
- Working collaboratively with the other software and database engineers to design and develop solutions that meet the business requirements.
- Working individually on projects to ensure on-time delivery of designs and implementations as well as production support after deployment.
- Meeting our strategy for long-term growth of our online databases through collaborative design sessions with the OLTP Database Architect.
- Analyze and assess existing implementations for maintainability, reliability, scalability, and performance. Help define improvements for existing solutions.
What you’ll bring:
- 4+ years experience in relational database design and development.
- 4+ years experience in performance tuning, backup/recovery, troubleshooting, and scalability/capacity planning.
- Strong Knowledge of database procedural language plpgsql for Postgres and proficiency in writing functions, procedures and triggers.
- 2+ Years Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
What makes you stand out:
- Knowledge of Postgres internals, including Postgres catalog tables with experience creating utilities based on catalog tables
- Experience using foreign data wrappers (FDW) in Postgres.
- Experience with Git (GitHub & Bitbucket), Jira and Confluence.
- Experience with writing complex SQL queries and query optimization.
What it's like to work here:
We're more than just great snacks, unique outings, a cool office, or swag. We're about achieving results while having fun along the way. We believe in solving problems together and building on each other’s ideas. Our teams are comprised of smart, curious individuals and we encourage everyone to think like an owner, take initiative and drive their careers. Our broad roles provide tremendous opportunities for individuals to acquire new skills, gain exposure to all areas of the business, and quickly see their impact at Braviant.
Read Full Job Description