LIFE AT IMC AS DELTA QUANT RESEARCHER
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
IMC is looking for experienced quantitative researchers to develop high-frequency, low-latency equity trading strategies and predictive models. Candidates will join an effort of combining IMC’s extensive options expertise with signals in the underlying equity market. Candidates will be responsible for performing large scale data analysis to derive unique predictions of equity market behavior that will then be leveraged by IMC’s best-in-class technology to act on those predictions across both options and equities markets.
Once on board, candidates will join a growing team that will be essential to all aspects of IMC’s trading. They will contribute not only to signal generation but also work w/ developers in design and implementation of a robust framework that allows for new ideas to be researched, tested, and put into production in a timely manner.
- Understand the current suite of models and algorithms with the aim to make any short-term improvements. While building a foundation to further leverage these models
- Find innovative ways to monetize existing algorithms through specific deep-dives and broad data analysis
- Rapidly research, test, and prototype new algorithmic ideas, preferably with Python.
- Once validated, see through the high quality implementation of ideas to full-scale production trading.
Skill and Experience Requirements
- 3+ years experience as a quantitative researcher with specific experience in the equity option or equities space.
- Experience with equity signal generation and predictive modelling. [required]
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (graduate or post graduate), with strong academic results, preference in mathematics, science, financial engineering or computer science.
- Experience working on a marketmaking system, preferably in a more automated environment [preferred]
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.