DIGITAL QUALITY ANALYST at Cat Digital
The Digital Quality Analyst will work both independently and with a cooperative team on complex projects that may span multiple infrastructure components or applications. The position will develop a professional network and leadership skills, assisting in the creation and support of Digital Solutions that enable Caterpillar success. The position will also contribute real value by leading and assisting with development testing of legacy and purchased applications or infrastructure solutions in order to solve business problems and improve software quality.
Working with the development team on the identification and creation of test cases and testing solutions to support application development and problem identification and resolution.
Participating in integrated testing and user acceptance of application or infrastructure components
Working with vendors on the integration of purchased application(s) and/or infrastructure
Designing and implementing processes, or process improvements, to aid in testing, development and support.
Competent to perform all programming, development, and integration assignments without close supervision;
Provides project management, programming, systems leadership, guidance, and assistance to other team members;
Works on more complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls;
Works independently on complex processes and modules that may be used by one or more programs or systems;
Develops major system modules or programs based on requirements gathered from system customers;
Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of system components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results;
Fully knowledgeable of programming languages appropriate to the platform supported, program design and specification development, programming logic, logic diagrams, system analysis techniques, testing, debugging, documentation standards, file design, storage and internal systems;
Performs integration tasks for in-house developed systems and/or purchased hardware and software solutions;
The position manages the completion of its own work assignments and coordinates work with others. Based on past experiences and knowledge, the incumbent normally works independently with minimal management input and review of end results.
Typical customers include Caterpillar customers, dealers, other external companies who purchase services offered by Caterpillar as well as internal business unit and/or service center groups. The position is challenged to quickly and correctly identify problems that may not be obvious. The incumbent solves problems by determining the best course of action, within departmental guidelines, from many existing solutions. The incumbent sets priorities and establishes a work plan in order to complete broadly defined assignments and achieve desired results. The position participates in brainstorming sessions focused on developing new approaches to meeting quality goals in the measure(s) stated.
- Computer-related or Engineering-related four year College or University Degree
- 3-5 years of software testing experience.
- 1-2 years UI Automation experience with Selenium.
- Good understanding of QA processes, approaches, manual and automation methodologies, and the software development lifecycle with ability to apply that knowledge into daily operation
Top Candidates Will Also have.
- Solid knowledge and demonstrable understanding of object-oriented test frameworks.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever changing development environment.
- Strong backend data validation experience, including SQL, Postman, and Cucumber
- Knowledge of the latest technology in programming languages, computing hardware & software, testing software and processes and current development processes and tools.
- Have a developing knowledge of Caterpillar policies and procedures and a general knowledge of the Caterpillar organization