Director of Analytics and Business Operations
Join some of the world’s best problem-solvers, pioneers, and out-of-the-box thinkers.
Everspring partners with leading universities to create a new standard of excellence in online education. Our dynamic and innovative team shapes the culture of our company and powers our university partners’ success. We are not a typical online education company—Everspring’s unique approach influences everything we do.
Our Analytics and Business Operations team works on cross-functional projects to deliver insights to Everspring’s leaders that drive decision-making. This team is comprised of analytically-savvy problem solvers who thrive in a fast-paced environment, and who are driven to make a high impact within our organization by leveraging data and information to make better business decisions.
The Director of Analytics and Business Operations will lead the team efforts as well as use a diverse analytical and strategic toolkit to drive towards high quality and innovative business solutions while clearly communicating these solutions across the organization. This position plays a critical role in defining and driving strategic, operational and organizational improvement across the company. This is a dynamic opportunity for a leader who can identify business problems, frame relevant analyses, work fluently with structured and unstructured data to build solutions, define strategic project requirements and drive them to completion. The Business Operations and Analytics Manager must have an ability to embrace change, a passion and drive for results, and a love for asking ‘why’ and learning about new things.
This role is located in Chicago, IL.
Strategic Initiatives – Drive key business priorities
- Identify and define strategic projects and associated requirements; drive and deliver results, in partnership with cross-functional teams
- Provide thought leadership and hands-on expertise for the operational aspects of ongoing strategic initiatives
- Lead a small team of Associates/Analysts as well as perform standard and custom analyses to facilitate strategic decision making across the business:
- Lead conversation analysis and optimization
- Marketing strategy and performance
- Student retention and forecasting
- Student satisfaction
- Partner identification
- Operational performance
Business Analysis – Help lead the effort in the strategic and operational analysis of all aspects of the business
Lead in the creation and identification of metrics to drive and improve business performance including but not limited to marketing, enrollment, and student retention
- Lead analytics associated with operating reviews to improve business performance as well as develop new metrics to help measure and support the business
- Partner with client engagement to build persuasive client facing narratives with data
- Responsible for integrating metrics and change management initiatives across functions
- Develop new measures to enhance forward looking visibility
- Proactively gather and analyze data, formulate and test hypotheses, synthesize findings, develop go-forward plans and help drive and translate recommendations into results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Business, Finance or other related field, MBA or MS in Analytics preferred
- 5 to 7 years’ of relevant experience at a management consulting, strategy or start-up growth company
- Superior analytical ability and toolkit including BI dashboarding, machine learning, and predictive analytics.
- Demonstrated record of using analytical skills to improve business processes and outcomes and communication with business leaders and stakeholders.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment as well as prior management experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to be personable yet persistent
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role:
- Results-driven, goal-oriented mindset with high intent on delivering impactful conclusions
- All around “business athlete” who is intellectually curious, highly analytical, and purposefully strategic
- Passion for continuous innovation and improvement of business processes
- Organized, meticulous, and detail oriented
- Resourceful, tactful, and motivational influencer who collaborates actively to get things done
- Conduct market and competitive research to support business development and program performance review other strategic and operational projects as necessary
Everspring is an equal opportunity employer