Director, Business Intelligence at Green Thumb
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:14 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, April 23, 2020
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,400 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
As the Director, Business Intelligence , you will be responsible for driving BI strategy for a fast-growing cannabis startup, developing and implementing the BI tools & programs that move and translate data used to inform GTI’s decision-making. The BI Director collaborates across all levels – from the C-Suite to the operational levels to define and understand data and reporting needs and propose BI, Data and Reporting services and solutions. You will oversee the design, developments and delivery of attractive and easy to use reports, dashboards and self-service BI and analytics capabilities. In addition, the Business Intelligence Director serves as the Manager for BI programming staff and BI analysts within the team. If you are a proven leader with a passion for taking raw data noise and turning it into critical business insights & meaningful, actionable recommendations – come be our Data Hero!
- Lead end-to-end project delivery and teams aimed at identifying, analyzing, developing and implemented business intelligence metrics
- Work closely with C-level stakeholders, identifying and interpreting business needs and responding with BI solutions
- Serves as the BI team ‘business liaison’ providing stakeholder relationship management across the company to include priority setting, developing agency-wide BI competence within the business and aligning the BI service to support various agency and departmental priorities
- Works in collaboration with IT department to standardize department tools and cross train programmers to cover diverse areas/systems of the agency (i.e., helps eliminate silos of knowledge / expertise)
- Researches and evaluates to make recommendations for new BI technology and tools that are aligned with the company’s strategic goals and tactically improve business intelligence efficiency and effectiveness in meeting the needs of customers and stakeholders
- Own the BI requirements for company-wide BI, the understanding of how they relate to company data, and how they translate into reports and dashboards used by all departments across the company.
- Ensure data integrity across all performance-based metrics and reporting.
- Establish and oversee data validation processes, documentation of reports and data definitions.
- 8+ years’ experience working in a BI role, with 5+ years of leading teams and direct reports.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Relational Databases, SQL and database like Snowflake, SQLserver is required.
- Hands on experience of managing databases in cloud environment like Azure, AWS is required.
- High degree of comfort working with C-level stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of BI reporting platform like Tableau, Power BI etc.
- Proven track record of compiling data in comprehensive reports, analyzing trends and making fact-based recommendations.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Business Analytics or related field, or equivalent experience
- Familiar with building Data Warehouses and Data Marts using dimensional data and ETL processes to build BI platforms and environments for self-service and advanced analytics and BI tools
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must have a solid understanding of the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations set forth by the state and the D.O.A.; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws is appreciated and commendable
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.
Read Full Job Description