ActiveCampaign's category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) helps over 130,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in Marketing Automation on G2.com and is the 2020 Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 130,000 today to millions.
With this growth, we are currently seeking an experienced and accomplished Director of Data Engineering to join our expanding data team. Our ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a high growth environment with rapidly evolving needs who has directly led a data team including data science, data engineering and business intelligence. This is someone who provides progressive people leadership and thought leadership to the data team, driving insights and solutions to our expanding business needs.
What your day could consist of:
- Provide technical vision and leadership to build complex and sustainable data ecosystems that will be used across all product areas.
- Design, develop and manage highly reliable and scalable data pipelines.
- Solid experience in Hadoop, SQL, NoSQL and event streaming technologies
- Manage BI and Visualization from data stores and data lake.
- Lead and manage data science, data modeling, machine learning, ML Ops teams.
- Productize data science as a tiered feature to our customers.
- Build data harness to provide advanced analytics to partners and customers for campaign management.
- Drive serverless and containerized data stores use across product areas.
- Build and deploy platform components to monitor model tracking and model monitoring
- Oversee the implementation of solutions for tracking data quality, data consistency and lineage.
- Stream technologies (Kafka) and providing platform capabilities to multiple product areas.
- Collaborate with internal teams to find areas of opportunities to expand the scope of data engineering with automation and machine learning.
- Streamline the entire data ecosystem from end to end to ensure the most efficient, standard, privacy compliant processes possible.
- Develop strong relationships with data science, engineering, and business partners, and improve how we leverage data.
What is needed:
- 5+ years leading & scaling engineering and data teams across multiple locations.
- 12+ years of Software development, Engineering, Data Analytics experience.
- Extensive knowledge of data engineering & platform engineering.
- Proven experience of having worked with engineering and operations executives. Excellent communication and motivational leadership skills
- Proven ability to initiate and drive projects to delivery within a high-growth environment
- SaaS & Multi Product International offerings experience preferred
- Direct experience with BigData, Python, Java, Scala, or other programming languages
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for mediation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees’ ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.