Director, Data Platform
Here @ Strata…
We are committed to our mission to help heal healthcare. Our unique culture is driven by a social, hardworking environment full of talented people solving problems together. We embrace learning, cross-team collaboration, and continuous career growth. Lifting each other to lift our clients, our product, our company. If being part of a fun, fast-moving, innovative team is what you seek? Keep reading.
We look for someone who:
- Is Service-Centric: Someone who desires to make an impact in and outside of our office. We look for service minded people to support our customers, each other and our community.
- Has a Growth Mindset: Driven to own your individual learning and development (We’ll help you - we have a team dedicated to training you and providing extra educational resources).
- Rocks Impact: Thinks two steps ahead to ensure the work we do will solve problems and make a difference.
- Will be a StrataPro: Accountable. Prepared. Positive. Core to who we are and how we treat one another.
What you’ll do in this role:
As Director of the Data Platform, you will be part of a team that is charged with increasing the value of existing products and delivering new products for our market. You will create and execute on the five-year product and technological road map for the company’s data ingestion, warehousing, and presentation platform.
- Collaborate with Solution Leadership, Product Management, Development, and Technical Consulting to design and implement solutions to reduce the time required for data ingestion, to increase the consistency and quality of data within the company’s application, and to enhance the clients’ experience related to data integration, solution implementation, and on-going use of the applications.
- Develop and manage relationships with outside vendors that may provide solutions for data ingestion, warehousing, or presentation
- Provide subject matter expertise for data quality, data management, data change management and data sourcing.
- Plan, schedule, host and direct internal Data Governance Council. Communicate all Data Governance initiatives and change messages to the business.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research
- Communicate product vision to key stakeholders within the organization
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
Your accomplishments include:
- Computer Science or Engineering degree required
- 2-3 years' experience in healthcare technology required
- 7+ years of software engineering, architecture, product management or equivalent experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience with data warehousing tools and technology including a variety of database models (relational, document, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience delivering data warehousing services as part of a larger enterprise analytics application, serving both the end customer and other product lines
- Experience driving projects with technical teams to make buy, build, partner decisions for data platform and/or ingestion technologies
- Experience with Agile and Scrum software development methodologies preferred
- Advanced written and verbal communication with the ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent presentation and listening skills, with ability to think quickly and deliver consultative response
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability to make real-time autonomous decisions when conditions change, based on understanding of the user context, business objectives, and client needs
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.