Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup; however, computer technology has had limited impact in healthcare. With the expansion of multi-modal healthcare data and recent advancements in AI, that’s about to fundamentally change. Tempus is a healthcare technology company at the forefront of that change to leverage data to improve patient lives.
Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world data to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians. Our data empowers researchers to better characterize and understand disease, and to drive better outcomes through precise, individualized care.
We built Tempus to collect, structure, and organize data from disparate data silos into a comprehensive dataset to accelerate the pace of innovation and discovery in healthcare. And now we are looking for a Director of Research Strategy and Operations to join our rapidly growing Research organization. This role will report directly into our CSO and be a core piece of the Tempus team driving the entirety of our Research / Scientific Roadmap.
This candidate will be responsible for understanding all the projects happening at Tempus, and will need to be able to understand all aspects of a project, inclusive of Science, Commercial, Medical, and Product & Engineering. They will be responsible for driving towards successful milestones and hitting aggressive timelines, and will be a key person that is unblocking the team when they are blocked, for any reason.
- Be a part of the core strategy team for the entire Tempus research function, helping to develop and drive the global Research roadmap
- Oversee and manage complex, cross-functional execution of key strategic early stage R&D projects and see them through to completion with internal and external stakeholders
- Drive research teams to hitting meaningful goals and aligning with the organizational priorities, along with identifying and resolving bottlenecks
- Become the trusted liaison between executives and the project team, making sure that decisions are made quickly and only rarely need executive input.
- Track progress against defined strategic objectives and goals; review progress/setbacks frequently with broader Account Team and Tempus Leadership
- Identify growth and optimization opportunities for the Tempus Research organization
- Partner with Product & Engineering on development of product features
- Accountable for department KPIs
- 5+ years of operating or product experience including scaling teams, leading projects, and a track record of exceeding KPIs
- Strong understanding of Healthcare and Artificial Intelligence fields
- Previous work as a Project/Product/Program lead for multiple high level initiatives in Healthcare or AI fields
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues and translate them into concrete action plans
- Ability to spin up quickly on topics in Genomics and Artificial Intelligence