Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup; however, computer technology has had limited impact in healthcare. With the expansion of multi-modal healthcare data and recent advancements in AI, that’s about to fundamentally change. Tempus is a healthcare technology company at the forefront of that change to leverage data to improve patient lives.
Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world data to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians. Our data empowers researchers to better characterize and understand disease, and to drive better outcomes through precise, individualized care.
We built Tempus to collect, structure, and organize data from disparate data silos into a comprehensive dataset to accelerate the pace of innovation and discovery in healthcare. And now we are looking for a Director of Translational Science to join our rapidly growing Life Sciences team. This role will focus on leading a team of translational scientists in collaborating with the world’s leading biopharmaceutical organizations utilizing the Tempus platform to enable multimodal analysis and Artificial Intelligence across the entire drug development lifecycle. Our Translational Scientists are comfortable on a whiteboard designing studies or a board room with an Executive, providing trusted technical advice for our partners and clients.
This candidate will be responsible for building and leading a team of translational scientists to cultivate and grow Tempus's partnerships with pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients to support them in advancing their research, clinical and/or commercial programs. The Tempus precision medicine platform brings multiple capabilities together such as Multimodal Datasets, Artificial Intelligence applications, Sequencing and Clinical Trial recruitment services to change the future of drug development.
- Build and lead a team of multidisciplinary translation scientists to support in the overall account growth of the pharma division.
- Help define the roadmap of customer facing assets that help demonstrate the value of RNA data and AI within biopharmaceutical companies
- Develop and Drive global account strategy in coordination with the account team
- Become an expert in the partner’s strategy, pipeline and portfolio to proactively determine all areas that the Tempus platform could be leveraged for advancing innovation
- Build and maintain R&D relationships as the trusted technical advisor
- Work directly with clients to Co-architect solutions and projects that leverage the Tempus platform to solve customers' challenges.
- Partner with our clients to develop and announce impactful case studies leveraging the Tempus platform to advance precision medicine
- Author whitepapers and create demonstrations illustrating the value of multimodal analysis and AI in drug discovery in coordination with our Research, Engineering & Data Science teams
- Develop the educational material necessary to onboard our clients onto multimodal analysis using Tempus data and platform
- Contribute to the development of the Life Sciences portfolio by providing feedback to Leadership regarding client responses and suggestions; maintain a solution-oriented mindset
- Track progress against defined strategic objectives and goals; review progress/setbacks frequently with broader Account Team and Tempus Leadership
- Travel approximately 40% of working time, domestically and internationally
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven track record of developing solutions utilizing molecular and multimodal data
- Proven history of establishing credibility as a trusted advisor
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority (both with internal and external stakeholders)
- Strong understanding of Molecular, Clinical Trial and Real World Evidence Platforms
- Learning agility to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Proactive mindset that bridges ideas to implementable solutions, and can help move both internal and external stakeholders to quickly solve problems
- Managerial experience leading a diverse team.
- Ph.D. in Computational Biology, Bioengineering, Cancer Biology or Molecular Biology
- Minimum 8+ years in drug development leveraging genomic and multimodal data for drug discovery and development
- Strong understanding of molecular data and artificial intelligence in drug discovery
- Prior Consulting and/or client facing experience is highly desirable