Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Are you passionate about building great software products?
At Tempus, software products are owned and developed by small, autonomous teams composed of developers, designers, scientists, and product managers. You and your team set the goals, build the software, deploy the code, and contribute to a growing software platform that will make a lasting impact in the field of cancer research and treatment.
Tempus builds software as nimble as our teams. Our modern cloud-native data infrastructure build on GCP - allows our teams to iterate rapidly and lead our industry in innovation. Our decentralized, microservice architecture and emphasis on automation allow us to deliver advanced solutions with confidence, and at scale.
Why we’re looking for you:
- You've got experience managing software development teams, and can lead technical analysis & design, evaluating tradeoffs, and establishing best practices.
- You love exploring hard problems and solving them with data-driven, iterative software development.
- You understand the challenges and planning required to reap the rewards of distributed big-data technologies.
- You've worked in fast-paced, agile environments and helped keep projects on track, troubleshoot roadblocks, write documentation and tests, and coordinate cross-team collaboration.
- You enjoy exercising hands-on keyboard muscles, and maintain the ability to serve the team as a technical mentor.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with some of the technologies we use such as Spark, Apache Airflow, Python, and Docker orchestration via GCP
- Experience in biotech, genomics, clinical research and precision medicine
- Have built a platform to enable data science teams self-service capabilities supporting an applied machine learning workflow.
Responsibilities for the position:
- Works with Product Manager to build quarterly resourcing plans, systems design, and product increment planning to delivery a scalable data infrastructure supporting analytics and machine learning.
- Leverages the engineering career progression framework to develop people for a small cross-functional team of 1-5 people. Actively manages the performance of team seeking support from supervisor on occasion.
- Works with engineering on your team to produce design artifacts that describe software architectures involving multiple technologies.
- Provides team structure (norms) to achieve a well designed system and clean code
- If applicable, works with Product Manager to plan across multiple scrum teams, and presenting solutions to optimize for effort across the end-to-end Tempus ecosystem
- Actively drives team improvement through retrospective action items.