Epic Analyst II at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus’ proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
The Epic Analyst II provides a sophisticated level of operational and laboratory information system (LIS)/application build expertise, particularly Epic Bridges, Epic Beaker and Epic orders, for completing more sophisticated assignments to meet customer goals and desired outcomes. Supports the implementation of lab applications along with the integration of those systems. Performs modifications to existing applications that will effectively accomplish desired objectives. Provides advanced-level expertise on assignments/projects. Independently manages a portfolio of medium to large-scale complexity work projects. A strong technical background, robust experience in a large hospital setting, in-depth success developing and deploying HL7 integration, and the ability to work both in a team and individually with minimal supervision are fundamental to success in this role.
- Participates in the planning, design, build, and testing for Epic Bridges and Epic Beaker LIS implementation.
- Support, maintenance, and testing of clinical laboratory information systems (LIS) including databases, interfaces, and operational aspects of the laboratory.
- Performs design, build, testing, validation, and implementation assignments/projects. Based on deep knowledge of laboratory application and operational requirements, can translate complex requirements/concepts into system specifications and configuration requirements.
- Participates in meetings with laboratory operations end-users/business owners and other teams to ensure efficient workflow design, system build for customization, and optimization of the LIS. Interacts with system and support vendors as needed.
- Participates in optimization of laboratory operational work-flow processes with end-users/business owners.
- Provides high-level expertise in LIS design integration and touch points with other Epic modules and/or other applications.
- Attends and represents team on various Epic-related committees.
- Assists in developing project plans and details.
- Manage and coordinate the more sophisticated configuration and build assignments/projects in collaboration with others.
- Ensures the research and documentation of project requirements, test plans, testing, and validation is completed.
- 5+ years of LIS application build, implementation of lab applications along with the integration.
- Epic Beaker (LIS) and clinical laboratory operations experience. (preferred)
- Experience managing multiple projects required.
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of relevant experience, education and training is required.
- Epic Certification - Beaker CP/AP and/or Epic Orders or Bridges. (preferred)