IMC- Where Technology drives Trading
Trading nowadays happens in a highly competitive technological landscape; the best trading idea alone does not cut it anymore. Instead, only the best trading ideas that are enabled via robust, scalable and fast technology win.
Do you enjoy the process of problem solving, a process where you recognize areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you?
At IMC we are committed to staying at the cutting edge of trading and are looking for a talented Execution Quant to join at the core of this effort.
You will be given resources and opportunities to effectively impact our global trading strategies.
- Collaborate with the whole trading team to evaluate existing algorithms and suggest improvements.
- Detailed analysis of individual cases to understand the execution dynamics.
- Build custom data analyses to measure quality of execution and evaluate new ideas.
- Understand, to a high level of detail, the mechanics of both the exchange and our internal systems.
- Launch improvements into production once implemented.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher level of education
- 2+ years of professional experience working with systems that execute on an electronic exchange
- Experience trading Options and/or Domestic Equities/ETFs
- Experience conducting data analysis using a programming language
We are at the core a trading firm, however we value trading and technology equally and we believe that cooperation between traders and technologists is one of our great strengths. This is also reflected in our organizational and remuneration policies. We believe in fostering a truly flat environment in which great ideas can be recognized as well as put into practice from anybody within our organization.
WHO WE ARE:
IMC is among the world’s leading proprietary trading firms, and a market maker in securities listed on exchanges across the globe. Our cutting-edge technology drives everything we do. High performance algorithms, smart strategies and collaborative teams are the core of our business.
Today, IMC is 600+ people working together to build software and trade financial products in our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago and Sydney. What does this mean for you? The chance to join a multi-national, multi-cultural team of exceptional individuals, focused on making IMC the world’s best trading firm.