Fixed Income Data Analyst
The Group: The Morningstar Fixed Income team provides expertise in bonds and derivatives - the data, the analytics, the use cases for target clients. It defines the fixed income capability roadmap, works with Data Operations and Data Technology organizations in sourcing and integrating value-added data, and coordinates across product squads to build new and enhance fixed income functionality. Morningstar’s Research group provides independent analysis on individual securities, funds, markets and portfolios. Morningstar is one of the largest independent sources of fund, equity, and credit data and research in the world, and our advocacy for investors’ interests is the foundation of our company.
The Role: The Fixed Income team seeks an enthusiastic, results-driven fixed income data analyst. The Data Analyst works with other data analysts, data developers, and product support specialists to ensure distribution of accurate, reliable, and timely data to clients. This individual will assist with data sourcing, data templates, write specifications and assist with model validation. You will monitor processing activities of the fixed income production data set and respond to all problems that may occur. This role is based in our Chicago office.
- Monitor data warehouse using proprietary data management tools and SQL query language.
- Ensure the quality of fixed income data and analytics exported from data warehouse.
- Perform regular audits to ensure data integrity and quality.
- Identify and resolve production related errors.
- Maintain and revise procedural lists, control records, and coding schemes to process source data.
- Correspond by phone and email to resolve problems with data vendor partners regarding data content questions.
- Handle escalated data content questions from product support team.
- Escalate analytic and data processing issues to the fixed income development team.
- Understand how clients use Morningstar fixed income data and analytics.
- Develop quality assurance methodologies and tools.
- A bachelor’s degree, with an exceptional academic record in economics, mathematics, finance, data science, or a related field.
- Basic knowledge of fixed income data
- Basic knowledge of data warehousing
- Knowledge of SQL query language
- Experience working with relational databases (Microsoft SQL server, RedShift).
- Detail-oriented self-starter with proven ability to handle multiple projects in a flexible and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytic skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.