Fixed Income Data Researcher
The Group: Morningstar’s Research group provides independent analysis on individual securities, funds, markets, and portfolios. The Research group also provides data on hundreds of thousands of investment offerings, including stocks, mutual funds, and similar vehicles, along with real-time global market data on millions of equities, indexes, futures, options, commodities, and precious metals, in addition to foreign exchange and Treasury markets. Morningstar is one of the largest independent sources of fund, equity, and credit data and research in the world, and our advocacy for investors’ interests is the foundation of our company.
The Role: The Portfolio Acquisition & Analytics team is seeking a content researcher to drive a variety of initiatives related to fixed income portfolio analytics. You will be counted on to use independent initiative to add significant value to strategic projects. In this role, you will contribute to the next generation of multi-asset and fixed income portfolio analytics. You will learn the nuances of investment products and portfolio analysis, and interact with internal stakeholders in Research, Solutions, and Products and external institutional clients. This position is based in Chicago.
• Actively participate in the identification, research, development, prototyping and implementation process around innovative new and improved fixed income content and methodologies
• Drive development and launch of new multi-asset holdings-based analytics.
• Provide a vital junction between Research, Data, Solutions, & Product teams to ensure successful implementation of complex projects.
• Leverage financial market and instrument knowledge to proactively engage senior product management professionals to further strategic objectives.
• A bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record.
• At least 3 years of demonstrated experience with fixed income instruments
• Detail-oriented self-starter with proven ability to handle multiple projects in a flexible and fast-paced environment.
• Experience working with large data sets (SQL skills an asset); investment portfolio-related experience is highly valued.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Creative thinker with an analytical approach to problem solving.
• CFA candidates preferred.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application materials.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity