Fraud Operations Analyst at Enova
About the role:
To be a successful Fraud Operations Analyst at Enova, one must have an innate desire to dig deeper, and a willingness to go above and beyond in an effort to protect our products from falling victim to various fraud attempts. On a typical day, your co-workers will find you executing complex, in-depth investigations on suspicious applications as well as using technology-based tools to improve current fraud monitoring and detection systems utilizing SQL and Excel. Managers and key executives will need to depend on your skills and knowledge to ensure the health of the business is being maintained from the fraud risk perspective. Cross-functional projects are highly encouraged and vital to the Fraud Operation Analyst role, as well as assisting in improving our underwriting and verification processes. Innovation is the key in being able to successfully combat fraudsters, so we are seeking a candidate with an imaginative mind who can shed new light on intuitive ways to fight fraud.
Your core priorities will be to:
- To monitor, and investigate any suspicious applications and loans for one or more of our products
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to improve procedures, and/or provide advice from a fraud risk perspective
- Maintain reports specific to your designated products, and know when to escalate any potential issues that arise, as well as which teams needs to be notified
- Ability to multitask, and mitigate fraud for potentially up to 3 brands
What you should have:
- 1-3 years of relevant fraud experience, preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Highly self-motivated, and willingness to build networks/relationships with other departments
- Naturally inquisitive, and desire to gain business insight, information and understanding
- Willingness to do what it takes to respond to urgent projects, reports, or issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to succinctly and accurately communicate issues and recommendations
- Ability to derive actionable insights from large, complex data sets and take initiative
About the team:
Enova's Analytics team consists of over 70 quantitative professionals dedicated to using the latest ground breaking techniques to drive business value. We are a shared service for the entire company and operate in four core Analytics workgroups:
- Portfolio Analytics – this team focuses on building groundbreaking risk, pricing, and underwriting models to strengthen our lending decisions by using advanced modeling and simulation techniques to optimize the performance of our loan products and operations.
- Fraud Analytics – this team uses advanced data mining techniques to identify and fight online fraud.
- Fraud Strategy and Operations - this team leverages many tools and techniques to skillfully protect all of Enova’s brands from various fraud attacks
- Marketing Analytics – this team is passionate about applying statistical analysis and predictive modeling to help our marketing teams acquire and retain more valuable customers.
- Research and Platforms- this team builds and maintains all of our technical tools and platforms. They help investigate new analytics methodologies, use cases, and data sources, to institute new and best methodologies within the department.
We are language agnostic, but primarily use SAS, Python, R, SQL and Mathematica. That means YOU get to pick the tool that works best for you and the analysis at hand.
Enova is a leading financial technology company providing online financial services through its AI and machine learning powered lending platform. Enova serves the needs of non-prime consumers and small businesses, who are frequently underserved by traditional banks. Enova has provided more than 7 million customers with over $40 billion in loans and financing with market leading products that provide a path for them to improve their financial health. Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.