Fraud Operations Lead
What you'll be doing:
To be a successful Fraud Operations Lead at Enova, one must have an innate desire to dig deeper, and a willingness to go above and beyond in an effort to protect our products from falling victim to various fraud attempts. On a typical day, your co-workers will find you executing complex, in-depth investigations on suspicious applications as well as using technology-based tools to improve current fraud monitoring and detection systems utilizing SQL and Excel. Managers and key executives will need to depend on your skills and knowledge to ensure the health of the business is being maintained from the fraud risk perspective. Cross-functional projects are highly encouraged and vital to the Fraud Operation Lead role, as well as assisting in improving our underwriting and verification processes. Innovation is the key in being able to successfully combat fraudsters, so we are seeking a candidate with an imaginative mind who can shed new light on intuitive ways to fight fraud. You'd also be overseeing a small team of Fraud Operations Analysts.
Your core priorities will be to:
- To monitor, and investigate any suspicious applications and loans for one or more of our products
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to improve procedures, and/or provide advice from a fraud risk perspective
- Work independently while supporting teams in other locations around the globe
- Maintain reports specific to your designated product, and know when to escalate any potential issues that arise, as well as which teams needs to be notified
- Lead the Fraud Operations Analysts and provide any necessary feedback to help the team improve as a whole
What you should have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, preferred
- Exposure to complex SQL queries
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Highly self-motivated, and willingness to build networks/relationships with other departments
- Naturally inquisitive, and desire to gain business insight, information and understanding
- Willingness to do what it takes to respond to urgent projects, reports, or issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to succinctly and accurately communicate issues and recommendations
- Ability to derive actionable insights from large, complex data sets and take initiative
The Fraud Operations team is one of Enova's last lines of defense when it comes to preventing online fraud. They review potentially fraudulent applications and use a keen eye to determine whether or not identification and documentation is legitimate. Through a strong partnership with the Fraud Analytics team, the Fraud Operations team's observations are able to impact changes and updates to our fraud prevention models.
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served nearly 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life’s short. Work some place awesome."
Many of us consider our people to be Enova’s best perk. But to sweeten the deal, we also have a pretty awesome list of conventional (and less conventional) perks and benefits including competitive salaries, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, a revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!) summer hours, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical program. And of course we also have the things you’d expect at a leading tech company in Chicago, such as the snacks, game room, onsite massages/barbers/nail technicians, monthly social events, and sporting sponsorships.
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.