Healthcare Analytics Manager
Here @ Strata…
We are committed to our mission to help heal healthcare. Our unique culture is driven by a social, hardworking environment full of talented people solving problems together. We embrace learning, cross-team collaboration, and continuous career growth. Lifting each other to lift our clients, our product, our company. If being part of a fun, fast-moving, innovative team is what you seek? Keep reading.
We look for someone who:
- Is Service-Centric: Someone who desires to make an impact in and outside of our office. We look for service minded people to support our customers, each other and our community.
- Has a Growth Mindset: Driven to own your individual learning and development (We’ll help you - we have a team dedicated to training you and providing extra educational resources).
- Rocks Impact: Thinks two steps ahead to ensure the work we do will solve problems and make a difference.
- Will be a StrataPro: Accountable. Prepared. Positive. Core to who we are and how we treat one another.
What you’ll do in this role:
As Healthcare Analytics Manager, you will be part of a team that is charged with helping healthcare providers to better understand and improve key drivers of their financial performance and cost per case through analytics. Using an industry leading analytics platform, you will be responsible for training our team and clients to use the full analytics capabilities of StrataJazz® as well as building their analytics skillset. You will work with clients and Strata team members to create compelling analyses, data visualizations and develop meaningful conclusions and actions. You will work closely with our Product Management and Development teams to ensure our product meets the needs of end users and to scale delivery of insightful analyses.
You must be able to effectively interface directly with healthcare professionals and business leaders to understand the key drivers of their performance, as well as design effective reports and visualizations that help them track and improve those drivers.
You must be able to collaborate effectively with all areas of the company. You will work with the Client Services implementation teams and our Professional Services team to design and build complex analyses. You will work with our training teams to create, deliver, and scale training. You will work with Product Management and Product Development to advise on analytics product requirements and client feedback.
- Expand the Strata As A Service business line to include advanced analytics
- Work with Product Management, Practice Leadership, Client Training, and Team Training teams to develop and roll out a training program for an advanced analytics toolkit and a baseline analytics skillset
- Support implementation and optimization teams when analytics needs arise to ensure contextual, complete, and high-quality analyses and data visualizations
- Lead and deliver on client projects as a Subject Matter Expertise to create and explain complex analyses to help them improve their financial performance
- Contribute to shared best-practice content and the content development and review process
- Ensures quality design standards are understood and adhered to among Client Services team
- Communicate vision to key stakeholders within the organization
- Support a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute
Your accomplishments include:
- A Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent, preferably in Finance, Healthcare Management, Industrial Engineering, Clinical Informatics, or Mathematics
- 5+ years of healthcare industry experience required
- 3+ years of business analysis and/or analytics development preferred OR data-driven performance improvement project leadership/support including management consulting
- Understanding of healthcare finance, operations, and clinical functions
- Fluency with both healthcare clinical and administrative data
- Advanced written and verbal communication with the ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent presentation and listening skills, with ability to think quickly and deliver consultative response
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability to make real-time autonomous decisions when conditions change, based on understanding of the user context, business objectives, and client needs
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.