Healthcare Business Intelligence Manager
Here @ Strata…
We are committed to our mission to help heal healthcare. Our unique culture is driven by a social, hardworking environment full of talented people solving problems together. We embrace learning, cross-team collaboration, and continuous career growth. Lifting each other to lift our clients, our product, our company. If being part of a fun, fast-moving, innovative team is what you seek? Keep reading.
We look for someone who:
- Is Service-Centric: Someone who desires to make an impact in and outside of our office. We look for service minded people to support our customers, each other and our community.
- Has a Growth Mindset: Driven to own your individual learning and development (We’ll help you - we have a team dedicated to training you and providing extra educational resources).
- Rocks Impact: Thinks two steps ahead to ensure the work we do will solve problems and make a difference.
- Will be a StrataPro: Accountable. Prepared. Positive. Core to who we are and how we treat one another.
What you’ll do in this role:
As Healthcare Business Intelligence Manager, you will be part of a team that is charged with increasing the value of existing products and delivering new products for our market. You will work directly with our customers to build compelling, actionable, and reusable analyses to solve the cost crisis in healthcare. You must be able to effectively interface directly with healthcare professionals and business leaders to understand the key drivers of their performance, as well as design effective reports and visualizations that help them track and improve those drivers.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with product management and development to advise on analytics product requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the positioning, key benefits, and target customers. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your designed content, regularly working with the sales channel and key customers.
- Define market segments and personas for reusable analytics
- Develop and maintain analytics content roadmap and backlog
- Communicate vision to key stakeholders within the organization
- Interview analytics end-users and facilitate customer advisory groups
- Design, build, and validate reports and visualizations to be deployed across the entire healthcare provider industry
- Track utilization and impact of delivered analytics
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
Your accomplishments include:
- A Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent, preferably in Human Computer Interaction, Engineering, or Clinical Informatics, but not required if degree is coupled with applicable work experience.
- 5+ years of healthcare industry experience required
- 3+ years of business analysis and/or analytics development preferred
- Extensive experience designing and delivering persona-based dashboards to numerous healthcare business units
- Fluency with both healthcare clinical and administrative data
- Advanced written and verbal communication with the ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent presentation and listening skills, with ability to think quickly and deliver consultative response
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability to make real-time autonomous decisions when conditions change, based on understanding of the user context, business objectives, and client needs
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.