INFO & ANALYSIS SUPERVISOR II at Cat Digital
The Cat® Digital group is a digital and technology arm of Caterpillar Inc., responsible for bringing world class capabilities to our products and services. With almost one million connected assets worldwide, we're focused on using data, technology, advanced analytics, and AI capabilities to help our customers build a better world. To accomplish this, we’re deploying analytics that generate insights, recommend optimized decisions, and improve products by intelligently integrating massive quantities of telematics information, transactional records, images, unstructured documents, and other data sources. For example, imagine leading a group of world-class data scientists applying deep learning to identify unstated customer needs, improve products, and generate leads and recommendations by developing a detailed understanding of how customers use their Cat® products. Or by using the insights gained from such efforts to design customized customer services that maximize the value of their fleet of Cat® equipment. The opportunity to make an enormous impact is truly remarkable!
The e-Commerce Analytics Manager is responsible for providing thought leadership and driving the design and development of analytics solutions that generate business value by improving the effectiveness of Cat’s online resources. This may include responding to customer requests for analytic support, guiding customers in understanding potential high-value applications of analytics, leading the technical design of analytic initiatives, allocating pooled analytic resources to prioritized projects managed by peers, ensuring customer expectations are met, and developing the abilities of their direct reports. Key responsibilities include creating and maintaining an organizational culture that encourages innovation and collaboration; fostering a sense of urgency toward business success; involving and integrating key stakeholders to insure project success; communicating business strategy, goals, and direction; technical review of analytic proposals and deliverables, and continuous development of individuals and the organization.
This role requires a breadth of knowledge and experience in applying analytics to solve business problems, and requires deep expertise in applying analytics within a single business domain such marketing, sales, supply chain, finance, aftermarket, purchasing, or manufacturing. The role requires strong customer focus, communications, leadership, and initiative.
The e-Commerce Analytics Manager supervises a staff of up to 10 data scientists, mathematicians, engineers, and other analytics and subject matter experts. Successful analytics teams draw from an extremely diverse pool of talent, requiring a successful manager to also demonstrate highly developed interpersonal communication skills, highly effective delegation skills, and an advanced ability to manage diversity. In addition to being accountable for the success of their direct reports and providing performance feedback, the e-Commerce Analytics Manager is responsible for providing career and skill development assistance. They will have primary accountability for an operating expense budget.
- Position requires a four year degree from an accredited college or university in an area related to analytics
- 1 plus years of experience leading others in developing and deploying analytics projects
- 5 plus years of hands-on experience developing and successfully deploying analytics solutions
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts, software development, and programming in Python
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Graduate degree from an accredited college or university in an area related to analytics
- 3 plus years of experience leading others in developing and deploying analytics projects
- People-leadership responsibility, with a focus on coaching, mentorship, and development
- 5 plus years of experience working with clients in the delivery of analytic solutions, including developing an understanding of customer needs and nurturing successful client relationships
- Highly-developed oral and written communication skills and the ability to tailor messages to technical, executive, and client audiences
- Intellectual curiosity and a spirit of innovation enabling the development of novel solutions and approaches
- 10 plus years of hands-on experience developing and successfully deploying analytics solutions
- Expertise and hands on experience with AWS cloud computing
- 10+ years experience in software development and software engineering, particularly in an agile environment.
- Expert-level developer and designer of analytic solutions in Python
- Expert-level understanding of predictive and prescriptive analytics
- Expertise in e-Commerce, pricing, promotions, and advertising analytics
Relocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.