Information Security Analyst at cohesion
Cohesion is a leading Intelligent Buildings software solution that is disrupting how buildings operate and how people engage with buildings – from real estate owners/investors, operators, building engineers, to tenants and visitors. Our cutting-edge converged IoT-enabled platform brings together building systems, building software, and business applications into a single portal for on web and mobile platforms to forge the path to autonomous buildings.
At Cohesion, we have experienced a wonderful period of growth as the direct result of increased productivity. To continue this trajectory, we are searching for a Network and Data Security Specialist to work closely with our executive team, reporting to the General Counsel. From day one, the Network and Data Security Specialist will have an immediate impact by being responsible for the creation and maintenance of IT policies and network security standards, providing managed risk solutions, planning and executing the protection of information found on company computers and data networks, utilizing understanding of computer and network security, including firewall administration, encryption technologies, and network protocols
What you’ll do
- Perform network security risk management assessments for perimeter and internal networks
- Data protection is of utmost importance. Ensure compliance with data privacy, use and sharing. Ensure data access is highly controlled and is for permitted use
- Champion secure multi-tenant SaaS architecture practices. Develop threat models and engage in ongoing development discussions on secure architecture
- Safeguard networks against unauthorized infiltration, modification, destruction, or disclosure
- Conduct network traffic analysis for anomalies
- Perform security audits for new business initiatives and partners
- Define requirements for the establishment and maintenance of secure application and infrastructure designs
- Provide requirements for policy and engineering standards to establish risk monitoring standards and engineering best practices
- Research, evaluate, test, and recommend new security software or devices.
- Periodically review system security to accommodate changes to policy or technology.
- Develop policies and procedures for responding to security incidents, and for investigating and reporting security violations and incidents
- Plan and execute the protection of information found on company computers and data networks
- Design, develop, and implement security plans depending on the company’s needs and current threats
- Install, uninstall, update, and maintain various security programs that protect sensitive data using firewalls and data-encryption technology
- Develop policies and procedures to securely establish and monitor networking connectivity against client’s on-prem networks.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in the Information Technology or Computer Security field with five (5)+ years of experience * OR Associate's degree in the Information Technology or Computer Security field with seven (7)+ years of experience
- Experience as a Network Engineer, Network Operations, System Support, or related occupation
- Documented experience analyzing and synthesizing information with other relevant data sources, providing guidance and mentorship to others in cyber threat analysis and operations, evaluating, interpreting, and integrating all sources of information, and fusing computer network attack analyses.
- Organization and planning skills; excellent time management
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly resourceful and self-motivated
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
- Global Industrial Cyber Security Certification (GICSP), GIAC Security Essentials (GSE) Certification
- Curious, well-read and keeps up with news and current events / market events
- Understands the pace of an early-stage startup; enjoys and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Wants to change the way real estate operates and be on the ground at a disruptive Proptech firm
What you can expect from Cohesion
Cohesion is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to eligible, full-time employees in the United States. Our benefits are designed to invest in our employees— and their family’s —well-being, including investments in their health, happiness, and well-being.
- Receiving a competitive compensation package, including bonus, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401k match
- Receiving a monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Comprehensive wellness reimbursement program (eligible after 6 months of employment)
- Enjoying a responsible unlimited PTO program to help employees maintain work-life balance
- 2-way flexibility of work schedules
- Dressing for your day
- Enjoying family leave benefits
- Temporary transit benefits
At Cohesion, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse thought and practice. Individuals seeking employment at Cohesion are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.