Information Systems Technical Business Analyst - Morningstar Investment Management at Morningstar
The Information Systems Analyst is an assertive, detail-oriented, self-starter who can work effectively in a highly collaborative team setting. Responsible for management of the day-to-day operations of the Information Systems function within the Investment Management group, you will collaborate with a team of DevOps developers in supporting current and future systems for each region of the Investment Management group as well as systems that are used globally. You will also coordinate critical tasks such as disaster recovery tests, cloud cost optimization, technology operations knowledge management, and process improvement for the Information Systems function. This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Lead process improvement efforts for support of new systems as they are onboarded into the Information Systems function
- Coordinate Disaster Recovery efforts for annual tests of systems supported by the Information Systems function that have successfully tested in the past
- Coordinate efforts to maintain complete documentation of supported systems in IT Service Catalog
- Act as an escalation point for major incidents for the Managed Portfolios group including coordinating resolution efforts and leading root cause analysis
- Lead onboarding and training for Level 2 support of systems supported by Information Systems function
- Act as Business Analyst and/or Scrum Master, prioritizing work and removing roadblocks for the Technology team
- Interact effectively with business management, developers, QA, design, and internal stakeholders to define requirements and iterate support based on feedback provided
- Recognize patterns among repetitive problems and work to resolve the root causes by collaboration with development and product management teams.
- Manage multiple workflows using Agile tools such as JIRA
- Define and measure Key Performance Indicators for systems support across all global regions
- Achieve a high level of Managed Portfolios product and system knowledge by handling escalated cases
- Maintain a working knowledge of the features, benefits, and functionality of Managed Portfolio products
- One to Three years of related work experience, preferably in the financial services industry
- A bachelor's degree is required
- Understanding of financial markets and the asset management industry
- Excellent writing, communication, time management/organization, and troubleshooting/analytical skills
- A commitment to excellence
- Self-directed, creative, and innovative thinker and a quick learner who is able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lead team decision-making processes and foster an environment of healthy team debate and collaboration
- Knowledge of software development processes and methodologies, including Agile methods, and Salesforce is considered a plus
002_MstarAssocLLC Morningstar Investment Management LLC Legal Entity