- Understand investor needs.
- Execute on investor outreach campaigns.
- Help broaden DBRS Morningstar's network by representing the company at industry events and with market participants.
- Help prepare a Thought Leadership Research report at a regular cadence by utilizing and summarizing research commentaries being released by the different analytical teams, and other relevant information to be collected from other teams internally. Editorial judgment and investment knowledge to drive the content creation process, by translating complex content ideas from key internal stakeholders into easy-to-understand and client-focused communications, which resonate with the institutional segment.
- Help build and maintain a robust Investor Database by collating contact information from internal and external data sources, and ongoing investor outreach. Maintain detailed notes of ongoing conversations and ensure follow-ups as needed.
- Market Outreach - Emails, calls and in-person outreach with mid-senior people in key investment organizations. Broaden the networking touch points within larger investor and credit risk sensitive institutions
- During investor conversations, focus on understanding the information needs of specific people in key investment organizations and ensuring all relevant analytical content released by DBRS reaches them. Input these investor requests into the Investor Database.
- Adjust and maintain investor related content and distribution channels to meet investors, risk managers and other select fixed income professionals' needs.
- Analyze effectiveness of, and suggest improvements in website content, investor focused videos and webinars
- Help organize and participate in investor events, and have discussions with investors at conferences and industry events and build long-term relationships and report back on findings about their perceptions, needs and other market intelligence. Identify areas of improvement and implement action plans.
- Support and collaborate with other internal market-oriented functions. Inform Business Development's tracking of market trends and dynamics.
- Help in product development - Identify future credit analytics and research needs of fixed income institutional buy-side constituents. Provide input to enhance externally facing analytical platforms and components of analytical tools to better assist investors in their workflow processes. Identify potential investor-driven research opportunities and product enhancements internally. Understand, summarize and implement investor focused fact sheets of our analytical capabilities.
- An undergraduate degree, preferably in Finance or Economics.
- MBA, and/or certifications like CFA, CAIA, FRM or PRM, or working towards these degree/ certifications highly valued.
- Strong research and analytical skills, with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written), presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Client management capabilities. Any existing business relationships with large credit investors highly valued.
- Self-starter and strong team player, with a constant sense of urgency and a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Ability to work well with multiple internal and external stakeholders across multiple time zones.
DBRS Morningstar is a global credit ratings business, currently with 700 employees in eight offices globally. Formed through the July 2019 acquisition of DBRS by Morningstar, Inc., the ratings business is the fourth-largest provider of credit ratings in the world.
DBRS Morningstar is committed to empowering investor success, serving the market through leading-edge technology and raising the bar for the industry. DBRS Morningstar is a market leader in Canada, the U.S. and Europe in multiple asset classes.
DBRS Morningstar rates more than 2,600 issuers and 54,000 securities worldwide and is driven to bringing more clarity, diversity of opinion, and responsiveness to the ratings process. DBRS Morningstar's approach and size provide the agility to respond to customers' needs, while being large enough to provide the necessary expertise and resources.