Jr. Clinical Data Abstractor at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care and research in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians and healthcare organizations, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for Jr. Data Abstractors (JDAs) to join our rapidly growing clinical data team. JDAs will be responsible for reviewing clinical records, structuring key data elements and helping to ensure that clinicians have access to meaningful data and insights to treat their patients. This is an ideal position for someone with a scientific or clinical background who is interested in working at the crossroads of healthcare technology and data analysis to solve some of today’s most challenging medical questions.
- Extract, structure and analyze data from medical records to construct the foundation of a growing database for cancer and other disease types
- Work with multiple data sources to extract information to pull into various reports
- Maintain highest quality standards through rigorous quality assurance (QA) process to identify and correct mistakes and inconsistencies in abstracted data
- Learn new concepts in order to structure data on different disease types
- Provide feedback on new product features and workflow improvements
- BS or MS degree in Genetics, Molecular Genetics, Cancer Biology, Virology, Infectious Disease, Immunology, Microbiology or Biology preferred
- 0-3 years work experience
- Knowledge of medical / genomic terminology, medical abbreviations and pharmacy terms is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently under time constraints
- Proficient in Google Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to work in an agile and expanding team environment
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt quickly