JUNIOR TRADER at Geneva Trading
How You Can Make An Impact
Geneva Trading is looking for Junior Traders to join our growing trading teams in Chicago. A Jr. Trader at Geneva Trading will work in a concerted effort with other team members and have first line responsibility to help meets team goals while remaining within the company’s defined risk and capital allocation limits. The ideal candidate has a passion for the financial markets, a strong work ethic, and previous experience in the trading industry.
- Design, maintain, enhance and test trading strategies and business opportunities for our market making high-frequency trading (HFT) team
- Analyze trading performance and new market opportunities with fundamental statistical theories
- Conduct research to improve risk management, revenue capture, and market coverage
- Use systemic and data-driven approach to automate trading strategies
- Contribute to libraries of analytic tools for market data analytics and trade strategy optimization
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the technology team to understand, maintain, and improve our electronic trading systems
- Ability to manage risk and detailed knowledge of all risk procedures
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM-related field; MS degree preferred
- Minimum of 1+ years of experience working within a trading environment required
- Basic knowledge of programming languages (i.e. Python, R, Q (KDB), VBA, etc.)
- Competitive personality, interest in games of chance, inquisitive, proactive
- Working knowledge of game theory, forecasting and data mining techniques
- Proven interest in monetizing statistical patterns across global markets
- Comfort working within a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Analytical mindset with the ability to manage numerous projects with ease
Why You Should Join Us
- Great People. We’re ambitious and like to have fun while achieving our goals.
- Transparent Compensation Structure. Our employees know that we value their ideas and contributions.
- Relaxed Environment. We have a flat organizational structure with frequent activities for all employees such as on-site seminars, happy hours, corporate sports teams, etc.
- Wellness Programs. We believe that a balanced employee is more productive. A stocked kitchen, on-site gym, and a generous vacation package are just some of the perks that we offer our employees.