Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but medical care providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of the data. Here at Tempus, we believe the greatest promise for the detection and treatment of cancer lies in the deep understanding of molecular activity for disease initiation, progression, and in identifying treatments based on both clinical and genomic data.
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem that will redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We are building a scientific operations team who are passionate and focused on developing state of the art techniques to processing and creating and interpreting vast amounts of genomic and molecular data. You will collaborate with product, research, and business development teams to develop the most advanced sequencing and analysis platform in cancer care.
- Extract, structure, and analyze the latest scientific research to construct and maintain the Tempus cancer genomics knowledge database (KDB)
- Work with the clinical team and medical leadership to research and review therapeutic and prognostic evidence used in clinical reports
- Build and optimize processes around creating and powering an automated therapy recommendation engine
- Identify literature and analyze for accuracy and experimental robustness (i.e. experimental design, procedures, and results)
- Research and confirm mechanisms of disease in different gene variants in order to streamline the clinical reporting process
- Curate the effects of genomic variants and the association with disease, using controlled vocabularies, ontologies, and established protocols.
- Participate in presentations and demonstrations of the Tempus cancer genomics knowledge database (KDB)
- MS in genetics, pharmacology, biotechnology or molecular biology with experience in cancer biology, literature review, lab research, and handling of large datasets.
- BS in genetics, pharmacology, biotechnology or molecular biology related discipline with 2 years experience in cancer biology, literature review, lab research, and handling of large datasets.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with critical literature review and familiarity with human mutation databases, genome browsers, and oncology therapies
- Technical understanding in genetics, genomics of human disease and molecular biology
- In depth understanding of cancer biology including molecular genetics strongly preferred
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to synthesize scientific information and convey results clearly and concisely in both oral and written communication
- Working knowledge of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) tools/data is desirable
- Experience with biocuration/ gene curation a plus
- Basic knowledge of python, HTML, R and/ or SQL a plus