Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer at Tempus (Chicago, IL)
Are you passionate about making a difference in the well-being of fellow humans?
Are you passionate about building great software products that empower scientists and researchers?
At Tempus, software products are owned and developed by small, autonomous teams composed of developers, designers, scientists, and product managers. You and your team set the goals, build the software, deploy the code, and contribute to a growing software platform that will make a lasting impact in the field of cancer research and treatment
Tempus builds software as nimble as our teams. Our modern tech stack - containerized applications running on AWS managed services - allows our teams to iterate rapidly and lead our industry in innovation. Emphasis on automation coupled with our decentralized, microservice architecture allows us to deliver advanced solutions with confidence at scale.
Why we’re looking for you:
- You have experience managing cloud infrastructure in AWS, GCP, Azure, or similar (We use AWS & GCP)
- You have built and deployed containerized applications and services to Kubernetes (e.g. GKE, EKS)
- You enjoy automating manual tasks
- You have worked in agile environments and are comfortable iterating quickly
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with team members of varying skill sets and from different fields
Bonus points for:
- Experience with one of the many infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform (our favorite), CloudFormation, Docker, Ansible, Salt, Packer, Puppet, Chef, or similar
- Familiarity with database design and tuning, especially with AWS Aurora MySQL and Postgresql
- Proficiency with Python or another programming language
- Interested in Machine Learning and Data Analytics
- Comfortable working with scientists and researchers on machine learning applications
- Previous experience in the healthcare sector and securing infrastructure to standards or compliance frameworks such as HIPAA, HITRUST, or ISO
Responsibilities for the Position:
- Works as an embedded member of an engineering team
- Reviews application requirements and recommends solutions and common design patterns
- Use your experience, deep technical knowledge, and creativity to simplify development and infrastructure provisioning workflows
- Configures and deploys cloud infrastructure using Terraform and CI tools like Concourse
- Proactively and continuously learn about new and relevant technologies
- Use your knowledge to influence other developers and advocate for best practices
- Implements dashboards, monitoring, and alerting for team services
- Support your users either in-person or via Slack
- Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
- We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking for software engineers who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.