Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global technology and data company that builds verification, optimization, and analytics solutions for the advertising industry and we’re looking for a Manager of Data Technologies to join our Enterprise Systems team. If you are excited by technology that has the power to handle hundreds of thousands of transactions per second; collect tens of billions of events each day, and evaluate thousands of data-points in real-time all while responding in just a few milliseconds, then IAS is the place for you!
As the Manager of Data Technologies, you will play a critical role in building out our next generation of database technologies that supports our internal data mart, billing processes, and various back office data and reporting needs. As part of the Enterprise Systems Leadership team within the larger R&D organization, you will work across multiple technologies including SQL Server, Snowflake, ETL Tools, and other leading technologies. You will have the opportunity to oversee the development and enhancement of our internal data mart, integrate new data sets during product launches, own the “Billing Engine” that calculates invoices, and work to establish documentation, process, and work standards. You will also have the opportunity to lead a team of up to two (2) data Engineers, plus additional outsourced resources, and coordinate with various department leads in R&D, Finance, and Sales Operations.
As IAS scales and automates various back-office processes and creates advanced analytical reporting models, the need to advance the build out of the internal mart and the ETL capabilities is critical. The goal is to feed this information in and out and drive data accuracy internally and externally to our customers. The Manager of Data Technologies will be integral in driving this vision by providing technical guidance to the team and providing the resources required to succeed.
What you’ll get to do:
- Plan and deliver Data Engineering projects
- Collaborate with various IAS teams throughout the full software development lifecycle including Product, Architecture, Finance, Enterprise Systems, and Sales Operations
- Manage team performance including recurring 1:1s, performance reviews, goal setting, and professional development
- Identify roadblocks and remove them proactively
- Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes
- Driving a culture of continuous improvement
- Stay informed about new Data Engineering technologies and trends
You should apply if you have most of this:
- B.S. or B.A. in computer science or a related field
- Proficiency in at least one object-oriented language (Java, Python or Scala preferred)
- Proficiency in SQL and comfortable working with large datasets to identify insights
- Experience with open source big data technologies (HDFS, Hive, Presto, Pig, MapReduce), Apache Spark is a plus
- Experience designing, developing, and deploying data pipelines
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience managing and mentoring a small team of Data Engineers
- Experience with AWS ecosystem
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is the global market leader in digital ad verification, offering technologies that drive high-quality advertising media. IAS equips advertisers and publishers with both the insight and technology to protect their advertising investments from fraud and unsafe environments as well as to capture consumer attention, and drive business outcomes. Founded in 2009, IAS is headquartered in New York with global operations in 18 offices across 13 countries. IAS is part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio of software companies. For more on how IAS is powering great impressions for top publishers and advertisers around the world, visit integralads.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
California Applicant Pre-Collection Notice:
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment or engagement with IAS, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, commercial information, professional or employment or engagement information, non-public education records, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment or engagement. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at [email protected]
To learn more about us, please visit http://integralads.com/ and https://muse.cm/2t8eGlN
Attention agency/3rd party recruiters: IAS does not accept any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles. If you are interested in becoming an IAS recruiting partner, please send an email introducing your company to [email protected] We will get back to you if there's interest in a partnership.