MDM ARCHITECT, CAT DIGITAL at Cat Digital
At Caterpillar Digital, we are working to put together the Digital platform for delivering industry-leading digital solutions in support of profitable growth for Caterpillar, dealers & our end customers. The Master Data Specialist will play a key role in improving the visibility, trust and value of enterprise data assets in the Cat Digital Platform. Come join us in this exciting journey and be part of the world class organization and play a key role in its digital transformation.
The Master Data Specialist will be responsible for the design and execution of efficient master data solutions and processes as part of the Data Platform team pull date from multiple data sources into a cloud based digital platform leveraging AWS technologies. This will include accountability for the processes, technology, and tools to automate cleansing, standardizing, enriching, matching, and integrating master data in the Cat Digital Helios platform. Key areas of focus will include customer and equipment master data sets.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with master data (cleanse, enrich, match, merge, store), strong metadata management fundamentals, excellent communication and demonstrated team leadership.
- Lead the technical solution design and development to create a single source of truth via the MDM solutions
- Build the strategy, develop the roadmap, and manage the backlog for master data management capabilities.
- Aligns MDM vision & roadmap with other relevant segment strategies, initiatives, projects, and evaluations such as data governance, data quality, and data design.
- Educates others on master data management processes, practices, policies, and guidelines.
- Develop understanding of Caterpillar master data domains and their integration points
- 7+ years’ experience in data management roles, preferably hands on design and development of master data management tools and technologies around party and product.
- 1+ years’ experience direct or indirect project lead or people management experience
- Experience with MDM tools such as informatica, Profisee, Semarchy xDM or Ataccama
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data management, or information systems
Top Candidates will also have:
- Proven success in designing and implementing Master Data Management Solutions.
- Recent experience defining and executing Master Data Management technology roadmap.
- Experience with cloud native architectures, micro services, enterprise integration platforms, messaging infrastructures, and event driven architectures.
- Strong business acumen and/or business analyst experience to translate business goals into technical requirements especially related to customer and equipment data
- Experience working within an Agile Framework
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
- Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-orientated environment