Metadata Engineer at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for applying a hands-on approach with next-generation technologies to contribute to the team by designing and developing the latest data-driven platforms and next-generation analytic technologies.
- Designs and develops data ingestion frameworks, real-time processing solutions, and data processing/transformation frameworks, leveraging open-source tools.
- Provides senior-level technical consulting to peer-data engineers during design and development for highly complex and critical data projects.
- Deploys application codes and analytical models using CI/CD tools and techniques and provides support for deployed data applications and analytical models.
- Designs solutions for metadata management, data quality, sensitive data management, and data steward activities.
- Develops and codes solutions for metadata management, data quality, sensitive data management, and data steward activities.
- Implements some improvements in architecture, team processes, and functions.
- Understand the role of metadata in capturing data lineage, and supporting data quality.
- Build metadata administration and maintenance routines.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Data Platform Administration/Engineering
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in IT, Data Analysis, Metadata Management, Data Quality
- Advanced Microsoft office skills, especially advanced Excel skills
- Ability to analyze complex data, business processes, and information flow needs.
- Basic understanding of the importance of data
- Familiarity with metadata concepts
- Basic relational database skills
- Basic Windows and Unix operating systems skills
- Exposure to data governance, data standards and data policies
- Experience with metadata management tools.
- Clear and effective communicator: written and verbal
- Ability to convey complex concepts to business stakeholders in terms relevant to the business
- Organized, structured, methodical.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills.
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of experience in Data Platform Administration/Engineering
- 6+ years of experience in IT, Data Analysis, Metadata Management, Data Quality
- Relevant Technology Certifications
- Basic Data Visualization Skills
- Office Macro Development Skills
- Ability to write moderately complex SQL queries.
- Basic Data Modeling Skills
- Basic skills in Big Data platforms
- Development Skills in Python
- Development Skills in R
- Knowledge with Metadata Hub is a plus
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.