Model Validation Analyst (Hybrid) at Enova
Enova’s hybrid work model allows employees to work in the office T, W, and TH with the option to work from home on Monday and Friday. The health and safety of Enova’s employees is our number one priority and all employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be requested regardless of work location, unless prohibited by applicable state law. Employees may request an exemption to the vaccination policy due to medical reasons, sincerely-held religious beliefs, or as otherwise permitted by applicable state law.
About the role:
As an Analytics Analyst, you will be one of Enova’s most valuable team members. You will develop, enhance and test the company’s models for use in determining the appropriate lending criteria and verification procedures. You will perform independent model validations to evaluate model fit for purpose, conceptual soundness, mathematical theory and assumptions, data/assumptions, and output reasonableness. At times, you may be asked to conduct ad hoc analysis using statistical and financial tools to recommend for risk management, marketing and operational strategies. You will demonstrate the ability to interpret and organize data, and communicate it effectively to cross functional teams to solve business problems, provide requirements and support implementation.
What you’ll be doing:
- Use your advanced programming skills and the ability to develop and test programs for custom tool development
- Perform advanced level model validation of credit risk models
- Interact with model stakeholders and business partners to gather information about credit models and risk acceptances to ensure
- Prepare model validation reports and related, supporting technical documents
- Assist analysts in validating and preparing their models for production
- Support model releases to ensure they are quickly and accurately put into production
- Monitor model performance dashboards and escalate concerns as appropriate
- Support and improve automated model training processes by using your infrastructure, data manipulation, and machine learning skills
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 2+ years of experience in quantitative analysis in the financial services industry is preferred but not required.
- Experience in developing advanced credit risk models
- Knowledge of statistical models in risk management
- Advanced programming skills and the ability to write customized programs for meaningful data analysis (Python, R and/or SAS are preferred)
- Experience working with relational databases, such as SQL
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), organizational and interpersonal skills
- A Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field or equivalent experience
About our Analytics team:
Enova's Analytics team consists of over 100 quantitative professionals dedicated to using the latest cutting-edge techniques to drive business value. We are a shared service for the entire company and operate in four core Analytics workgroups:
- Portfolio Analytics – we focus on building cutting edge risk, pricing, and underwriting models to optimize our lending decisions by using advanced modeling and simulation techniques to optimize the performance of our loan products and operations.
- Fraud Analytics – analysts on the fraud team use advanced data mining techniques to identify and fight online fraud.
- Marketing Analytics – the marketing analytics team is focused on applying statistical analysis and predictive modeling to help our marketing teams acquire and retain more valuable customers.
- Research and Platforms- the RAP team builds and maintains all of our technical tools and platforms. They help investigate new analytics methodologies, use cases, and data sources, to institute new and best practices within the department.
We are language agnostic, but primarily use Python, R, SQL, SAS and Mathematica. That means YOU get to pick the tool that works best for you and the analysis at hand. At Enova we have a company-wide culture that emphasizes data-driven analysis. That means you spend less time presenting and more time with the fun part, crunching data!
Enova is a leading financial technology company providing online financial services through its AI and machine learning powered lending platform. Enova serves the needs of non-prime consumers and small businesses, who are frequently underserved by traditional banks. Enova has provided more than 7 million customers with over $40 billion in loans and financing with market leading products that provide a path for them to improve their financial health. Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.