Operations Analyst, Life Sciences Sequencing at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus’ proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
The Life Sciences Client Management Operations team oversees the sequencing and companion diagnostic projects and process improvement for Tempus’ Life Sciences collaborations. The position supports the Life Sciences partner companies’ project teams as well as relationships with Tempus’ Laboratory, Bioinformatics, Product, Engineering, and Data Science teams.
- Support the Life Sciences Tempus Operations team in collecting key metrics across internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate, in partnership with the Project Managers, to ensure sequencing samples are moving appropriately through the lab and flagging samples at risk.
- Aggregate data and assist in providing proactive, detailed client-facing materials for the client touchpoints and other meetings.
- Support escalation and resolution of critical project related issues.
- Coordinate with clinical trial sites, physicians, and clients to anticipate and complete requests in regards to sample procurement, lab sequencing operations, sequencing timelines, and all deliverables.
- Maintain accurate, high-quality collateral and ensure extremely organized documentation across all projects and portals.
- Contribute ideas and expertise to internal initiatives to enhance product offerings across Tempus teams.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks across projects, clients, and internal Tempus teams.
- A self-starter with strong proactive communication skills.
- Creative mindset in order to problem solve, and confidence to ask key questions.
- Commitment to the success of the team; brings a collaborative attitude and the ability to create strong relationships.
- Skillful at working both independently and in team settings and comfortable with a fast-paced environment.
- Comfort with ambiguity and understanding complex process workflows.
- Demonstrated interest in the Healthcare industry, especially the ‘business’ side of science through prior professional or extracurricular experiences.
- Prior work in industries (1+ year) related to Life Sciences, genomic sequencing, or oncology is a plus.
- Degree or relevant experience in cancer biology, molecular biology, immunology, bioengineering, computational biology, or related fields are highly preferred.
- Advanced skills in Google suite, Slack, Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Salesforce.com and Tableau experience is a plus