Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a Strategy & Operations Analyst that will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of Tempus’ Reimbursement Support team. This individual will oversee the existing team and continue building it further. Additionally, this person will be responsible for driving new initiatives to improve operational efficiency and deliver an exceptional customer experience to internal and external customers. The position requires a highly motivated individual with a strong business acumen who is able to work cross-functionally in order to accomplish team goals and objectives.
- Oversee team responsible for customer support and revenue cycle worklists (e.g. voicemails, inbound email inquiries, patient billing, medical record requests, COB/expired insurance, refund requests)
- Responsible for the creation and management of team standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Develop and manage operational KPI reporting (e.g. staff productivity, AR aging, appeal/prior authorization success rates, customer service TAT)
- Evaluate staffing needs and participate in hiring, team building and team development activities as needed
- Develop strategy to raise patient and customer satisfaction levels
- Oversee appropriate scheduling and time off requests
- Lead ad hoc requests and special projects as needed
- Lead by example mindset - Willingness to roll up your sleeves and wade into the trenches when needed and share the same sacrifices as the team
- Ability to oversee the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
- Adaptable to changing procedures, policies and work environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a professional and positive demeanor
- Highly organized and systematic with superb attention to detail
- Results oriented, highly energetic, dynamic individual with hands-on mentality
Required Education & Experience
- 4-year College Degree
- 2+ years in healthcare operations and/or customer success
- Experience creating data visualizations in Tableau preferred
- Prior consulting experience a plus
- Proficient in Excel (e.g. pivot tables, vlookups)
- Track record of exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Proven initiative and ability to direct team to achieve goals while independently delivering on mission-critical tasks