The Products group is the home of manufacturing and innovation at Morningstar. The individuals in this group transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed products that delight our clients. The group’s product management, product development, and service teams collaborate with our Enterprise Implementations group to help provide clients with relevant products and bundled solutions.
As Operations Analyst in the Enterprise Components Implementation team, you will provide advanced technical support for key institutional clients and ensure the quality of the data and code for all software products in the production environment. This position will also work with the Institutional Product Support and Relationship Management teams as well as agile squads, project management, quality assurance and product management teams to provide second-level support for complex product and data issues that are escalated to be reviewed by the development and/or product management teams. Our analysts are required to research identified issues, ensure timely resolution, and communicate outcomes to all appropriate team members. Timely resolution requires coordinating resources across teams including programmers, quality assurance analysts, data analysts, product managers, and project managers. The analyst will help coordinate core Morningstar initiatives with in the delivery team. The position is based in our Chicago office.
- • Track, evaluate, and determine resolution approach for complex product and data issues that escalate from the Product Support and Relationship Management teams.
- • Demonstrate a high sense of ownership of the issues in the product ticket queue to be responsive and provide timely updates, follow-up, expedition, and resolution.
- • Prioritize issues properly by severity and impact.
- • Ensure issue management processes are followed.
- • Take ownership of the Major Incident Management Process for Enterprise Components.
- • Understand roles, responsibilities, and expertise of internal stakeholders (developers, quality assurance analysts, data analysts, product development managers, project managers) to expedite issue resolution.
- • Generate business solution options to problems needing remediation.
- • Recognize patterns among repetitive problems and work to resolve the root causes by collaboration with development and product management teams.
- • Contribute to ongoing efforts to streamline and improve processes.
- • At least one year of experience in a quality analyst or customer support role.
- • Familiarity with Morningstar products and data is preferred.
- • Excellent writing, communication, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
- • Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities and deadlines.
- • Excellent computer skills.
- • Prior experience in project management or business analysis is a plus.
- • Knowledge of the investment industry is a plus.
- • A bachelor’s degree is required. A bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, or a related field is preferred.