Operations Analyst at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
The Tempus Biological Modeling Lab is building a large scale patient-derived organoid library to validate our observations from real world data, and construct large scale data sets based on biological models for any given cancer type. We’re looking for an Operations Analyst to support the daily operations and performance goals of the Modeling Lab.
What You'll Do:
- Design and implement process and workflow improvements within the lab
- Present analytics using data visualization tools (i.e. Tableau, Excel, R)
- Work alongside scientists to provide project updates and create reporting deliverables for external collaborators
- Management of internal databases including specimen intake and updating pathology reports
- Responsible for sample coordination across labs, including tracking samples through the NGS accessioning, sequencing, and bioinformatics pipelines
- Report project statuses, quality metrics, and general feedback to team leadership
- 4 year college degree, preferably in Biological Sciences or similar
- 0-2 years work experience
- Experience with analytical tools (i.e Tableau, Microsoft Office, Google Suite products)
- Is highly organized and systematic, with superb attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Superior analytical, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Persistent and resilient person who thrives in a fast-paced, highly iterative environment
- Show initiative and ability to work as part of a high-level team while working independently