Operations Excellence Analyst at Home Chef
Detailed Responsibilities: The Operational Excellence Analyst will be expected to wear several hats and will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects. Although different projects will require different skillsets, the high-level responsibilities and expectations for this role are outlined below:
- Responsibility Area: Tool Development & Tech Enablement
- Partner with our plant teams to develop, manage, and continually improve tools used on the floor at our production facilities (may include travel to plants in ATL, CHI, LA)
- Understand challenges in the current technology landscape and work with production management and front-line employees to develop potential solutions
- Examples of past projects include: creating a production scheduling tool to optimize workforce planning, creating dashboards to monitor daily and weekly KPIs such as efficiency, labor hours, error rates
- Responsibility Area: Data Analytics
- Develop models and methodologies to monitor the success of multiple facets of the business (facility capacity, machinery usage, labor, production, etc.)
- Find innovative ways to make data actionable for our production teams - build processes to better collect, store, and visualize operational data in a meaningful and impactful way
- Enable data-driven decision making by reporting / analyzing our core KPIs and performing ad-hoc analyses
- Examples of past projects include: performing analysis for our produce SWAT team initiative, such as a deep-dive analysis into top produce quality errors and identification of root cause issues
- Responsibility Area: Maintenance & Management of Tech Tools
- Manage the integrity of files that Ops. Ex. is responsible for in order to ensure production, quality, and safety teams can operate effectively
- Identify ways to streamline and improve existing tools through improving data flow, back end programming, or usability
- Maintain a quick and effective response time if issues are raised by stakeholders.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: energetic and able to lead change, create vision, and inspire people to achieve goals in a fast-paced environment
- Problem solver: Identify issues quickly and bring recommended solutions backed by logic to the discussion
- Interpersonal savvy: Develop rapport across the organization in order to build consensus for implementing new processes and tools
- Results oriented: Deal with ambiguity and make timely decisions to get to impact quickly
- Attention to detail: Organizational skills and ability to manage the details of complex systems and operational processes
- Embody the Home Chef core values of customer first, pursuing excellence, taking ownership, and building a best-in-class team1-2 years work experience in operations, management consulting, or data analysis role; top-ranked candidates strongly preferred
- Comfortable working in a manufacturing environment.
- Travel to our production facilities in Chicago, Atlanta, and Los Angeles may be required as part of this position (up to ~20% travel)
- Completion of 4 year degree.