Oracle Database Administrator at DFIN
Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
Individuals with the Senior Stack Engineer role lead the implementation of secure and highly available computing platforms, servers, and networks. They install, maintain, upgrade, and continuously improve DFIN's operating environment. They also maintain the ongoing reliability, performance and support of the infrastructure. Individuals in this job are also responsible for the overall operation and maintenance of DFIN data centers.
Senior Stack Engineers lead the implementation of new technologies across design, install, configuration, maintenance, and testing. In-scope technologies include virtual machines, operating systems, storage, databases, related software, and hardware. Other responsibilities include troubleshooting problems as escalated through incident management, supporting application access and electronic messaging services and maintaining a secure systems environment. They drive infrastructure solutions based on application needs and anticipated growth, deliver new services, and maintain the infrastructure.
Senior Stack Engineers need excellent communication skills and must be able to work collaboratively with internal clients and other colleagues. Individuals work across functional areas of DFIN and use a strong customer service mindset to ensure that projects, service requests, and incidents are resolved in a professional manner. They share their expertise and provide individual training and support. Senior Stack Engineers work with other technical staff and vendors to provide IT services to DFIN and our customers.
• Lead infrastructure engineering initiatives and projects, providing required functionality for DFIN IT applications and services
• Lead Security/Compliance/Privacy/Risk Reviews, and assist remediation as necessary
• Lead the identification and implementation of infrastructure cost-control strategies
• Lead the assessment of migrations, upgrades, and new technologies aligned with the IT Infrastructure Architecture roadmap
• Act as technical liaison between operations teams, engineers and architects, providing critical insight to implementation and strategy, including validation of ongoing solution supportability.
• Define enhancements to improve system reliability, efficiency, and performance.
• Align infrastructure implementation with network requirements and design
• Manage the technical relationship with select technology vendors and service providers
• Ensure engineered systems meet business continuity and disaster recovery requirements.
• Support configuration management of IT Infrastructure services
• Ensure that releases and services meet expectations, and verify that IT Operations can support the new service.
• Lead multiple cross-functional initiatives and projects, with diverse stakeholders.
• Support multiple systems of medium to high complexity with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity, and accessibility.
• Create and maintain detailed documentation
• Establish, maintain, and adhere to DFIN technical standards, policies, and procedures
DFIN IT Infrastructure Engineering supports the following organizational capabilities:
• System Delivery
• Information Security Adherence
• Networking Delivery Coordination
• Service Validation and Testing
• Technology Evaluation
• Strategy Management
• BCP Engineering
• Service Asset and Configuration
• Corporate Solution Implementation
The ideal candidate has 7+ years of experience with mid to large-sized companies (500+ associates) and has demonstrated skills in:
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science or a related discipline.
• Extensive understanding of Oracle 11g/ 12c, well-organized approach to database administration, performance, backup/recovery and troubleshooting and tuning is required.
• 5+ years as an Oracle DBA in Linux/HP-UX systems most recently building and supporting Oracle 11g/12c databases in RAC environment with ASM.
• 3+ years of experience supporting replication using Oracle Stream.
• 3+ years of development experience with Oracle with creating stored procedures, views, triggers, reports. Etc.
• Knowledge of RHEL/Oracle Enterprise Linux required.
• Performance analysis using ASH / AWR / OEM and Performance tuning & query refactoring.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and conceptual skills with demonstrated experience documenting and working through issues as part of a team.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, able to communicate clearly and effectively.
• Strong customer service focus and ability to manage customer expectations.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities.
• Ability to support both Oracle and SQL Server databases desired (3+ years of experience supporting both Oracle and SQL Server databases would be a big plus).
• Exposure to Hadoop, MongoDB, NoSql and Docker Technologies.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (advanced Excel especially). Google G Suite proficiency a plus.
• Passionate about customer service, user experience, and being an example for the greater team.
• Ability to successfully balance multiple simultaneous demands & self-adjust to meet shifting priorities.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Familiarity with the financial services industry is desirable but not required.
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected]. #TalentknowsTalent