Pricing Analyst at Vivid Seats
Who we are: Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. We believe in the power of experiences and are fiercely dedicated to building products that inspire human connections. Named as one of Built In Chicago's top 10 places to work in 2021, we believe that our People are our greatest competitive advantage. To support our People, we have built a company culture that empowers our employees to embrace challenges, encourages unity through collaboration, and seeks to constantly evolve by leveraging data and inspiring innovation.
The Pricing Analyst will work at the intersection of web analytics and finance. The role will assist with managing our revenue, balancing growth, and profitability through analysis of user browsing data and price experimentation.
How your role contributes to the success of Vivid Seats:
- Ensuring Vivid Seats remains the most affordable marketplace in the industry.
- Be involved with the design and construction of pricing experiments & reporting on the pricing experiments we run.
- Leverage web analytics data into actionable insights and opportunities for pricing optimization.
How your role expectations will progress as a Pricing Analyst in the first 30, 90, and 180 days:
30 days in
- Complete new hire orientation, gaining the resources you need to be successful.
- Learn how ticket marketplaces operate and how you'll contribute to providing great experiences for our customers.
- Acclimate to team and company norms, business objectives, and Vivid Seats values.
- Become familiar with how our pricing is controlled and with the relevant KPI's used to measure our success.
90 days in
- Contribute to our approaches, methods, or technologies to support overall business goals and drive team efficiencies.
- Maintain, harvest and aid internal and external relationships to achieve progress and advance objectives.
- Understand how our web analytics data is generated and consumed to execute price adjustments as needed.
- Regularly report on relevant KPI's, alerting stakeholders to new trends that may need to be addressed.
180 days in
- Apply methods to execute individual tasks that positively impacts the team.
- Play an active role in continued learnings to advance skill sets necessary for team goals.
- Continue to improve and develop new ways to report on and analyze our web analytics data.
- Contribute to the design and construction of pricing experiments and manage the reporting on those results.
- Apply the findings generated from analysis and experimentation into developing new pricing strategies.
What You'll Bring:
- Problem solving mentality and an eagerness to leverage data for business decisions.
- Proficiency with SQL, Excel and some data reporting tool (Tableau, Looker, etc.).
- Familiarity with Google Analytics or another web analytics platform preferred.
- Experience with A/B or other web experimentation is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the critical importance of a diverse workforce and sense of belonging. Many of our roles have flexible requirements and we encourage you to apply regardless of whether you meet every qualification.
Vivid Seats provides competitive compensation; bonus incentives; FLEX PTO; mental health days; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K matching; monthly credits and discounts for attending live events; remote work and snack allowances; and a variety of additional workplace perks.