Principal Data Architect at JPMorgan Chase
As an experienced member of our Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate about solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of information architecture and data management practices, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders to deliver on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our global customers.
The Data Architect will play a lead role for helping define, implement and evolve key architectural components of the data ecosystem underlying the core banking platform.
- Define the modern distributed data store architecture and design leveraging a hybrid cloud environment, distributed data pipelines, and incorporating automated governance
- Research, evaluate and select tools (marketplace and in-house) to meet the metadata capture and management needs of modern data architectures deployed at scale
- Develop and implement data domain (DDD based) modeling, data engineering, data replication and data resiliency design standards for autonomy, agility and scale.
- Define integration patterns for real-time events and change data capture
- Guide agile teams in applying these patterns to key software products and autonomous application architectures.
- Act in the role of lead design authority to include: breaking down business requirements into technical tasks, establishing design and coding standards, performing code reviews, etc.
- Ensure that proper data management rigor is in place so that users are confident in the quality of the data
- Define Data Operations (DataOps) strategy and operating model for Data Anonymization, Synthetic Data Generation and Test Data Management
- Responsible for defining and delivering innovative Enterprise Data Services to realize the data capabilities that are core to data strategy
- Collaborate with and influences solution architects, engineers & delivery teams to adopt enterprise data architecture specifications in solutions
- 10+ years hand-on experience in Enterprise Data Architecture, Data Management and Data Strategy
- Deep experience with large scale, complex enterprise systems in a high availability, high volume, performant and distributed environment.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to justify requirements, features and demonstrate business value
- Deep expertise in Data Management capabilities involving architecture, modeling (physical and logical), data governance, storage, security and replication
- Prior experience in data integration, interoperability, metadata management and data quality solutions
- Deep experience around designing and building large scale secured data pipelines from ingestion to consumption, using Java, Python, Scala, etc.
- 3+ years of experience with Cloud DB technologies
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in delivery of new products or services
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve consumers, small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.