Quantitative Researcher at PEAK6 (Chicago, IL)
We are PEAK6, a leading investment firm. You'll find us headquartered in the historic Chicago Board of Trade building, where we first opened our doors in 1997. It's been over 20 years since we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology to use in our trading business. Today, we continue to leverage our technical ingenuity and operational excellence across several investment areas, spanning early-to-mid stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and e-sports, while always proving value to the customer. Throughout the years, we've built and operated several financial technology firms, and we continue to evolve. You'll find a bit of everything here, and we're always looking to take on new endeavors.
As a Quantitative Researcher, you will work on the Derived Data engineering team working closely with traders and engineers across the organization to improve the suite of derivatives pricing, signals, and risk measures our traders use.
Please note that we do not require prior knowledge of financial markets for this role, and we will offer the training you need to be successful.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Working as part of a team on end to end research initiatives to map elements of trader intuition into quantitative models
- Optimizing and supporting existing models
- Interfacing directly with traders to understand their use cases and nuance of a given model
- Driving the firm forward with new ideas that will impact the way we leverage market data
- Working with software engineers to ensure the reliable delivery of data and to translating research results to production
While you’ll gain experience in this role, you should already have:
- Have completed a Masters or PhD in Financial Engineering, Statistics, Machine Learning, or other related quantitative field
- 1+ years of experience working in financial modeling, quantitative trading, machine learning, or statistics
- Strong Python skills, particularly around exploring large datasets
- A demonstrated track record of applying Financial Engineering or ML techniques to real-world problems.
- The ability to collaborate with subject matter experts in defining appropriate features and metrics for a given model
- Comfort implementing models from papers
- Experience working with large, noisy, or incomplete data sets and investigating underlying data issues
*Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, PEAK6 has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to a hybrid office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.
PEAK6 currently requires all employees as a condition of employment to either be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or submit to regular testing. The CDC defines "fully vaccinated" as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. PEAK6 will also require proof of vaccination and/or testing. PEAK6 will also consider requests for exemption from these requirements as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.