Release Management Analyst at TransUnion
About the Team:
Release Management is responsible for the planning, scheduling, and delivery of our code releases into our critical and customer facing environments. We establish standards and policies and ensure adherence by all groups involved in the life cycle of these releases.
Release Engineers work closely with the application development, quality assurance, application support and operations teams to ensure quality, adherence to policies and operational readiness.
What we’ll bring:
- A work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
- As a Release Management Analyst, you will participate in the Release Life Cycle including planning, scheduling and coordination.
- Ensure teams follow the standards and policies as established. You will contribute to the continuous integration and continuous delivery process among other responsibilities.
What you’ll bring:
- Release Management: Participate in releases involving multiple departments across various domains that have significant impact on the quality of the releases and operations. With guidance manage timelines, schedules, and implementation.
- Collaboration: Drive collaboration across teams and departments. Address issues upfront, define alternative solutions, resolve conflict and create lasting, productive partnerships with application teams. Provide guidance and organizational structure to promote collaborative efforts to increase the quality of the release deliverables and onboarding efforts.
- Planning: Attend and participate in planning meetings for the application teams serviced or seeking to be serviced by our team.
- Scheduling: Provide updates to schedule which contains an accurate view of our current work load. This also includes engagement with Change Management and attendance at their TCAB/ECAB meetings for enterprise wide visibility.
- Change Management: Represent release management changes in the various Change Advisory Boards (TCABs/ECABs). Ensure all of the information presented at the CABs is accurate and adheres to the change policies. Participate in the Change Post Implementation Review (CPIR) meetings to provide lessons learned from any issues during deployments. Update any documents impacted by the lessons learned and socialize with the team.
- Release Delivery: Deliver releases per the policies and standards to ensure the highest quality. Ensure deployment transitions to the operational teams are well documented and understood by all involved.
- Communication: Ensure that issues and successes are clearly communicated to team members and stakeholders. Ensure and promote open communication on the project teams. Tactfully and candidly address situations to maximize opportunity and minimum.
We’d love to see:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred.
- Strong communication, and presentation skills with a firm sense of accountability, ownership for the end-to-end release lifecycle.
- Customer service oriented thinking.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
Impact you’ll make:
- Provide guidance and knowledge for the delivery of all application releases serviced by release management. This includes planning, scheduling, coordination and support. Additionally ensure all department polices are enforced. These include Release Management, Change Management, Audit, Information Security, and Disaster Recovery.
- Apply proven communication, analytical, technical and problem solving skills to help identify, communicate, organize, and coordinate application releases to maximize the benefits of IT investments.
- Gain an understanding of current applications technology at a high level to increase the quality of release deliveries and overall performance.
- Collaborate and partner across organizational business units and divisions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.