Sales Business Intelligence Analyst
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe charter of Worldwide Sales Operations is to increase selling efficiency for Motorola Solutions’ sellers and sales leaders and provide unique business insights to drive growth across the global sales regions.
The Jr. Sales Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst supports the Data and Analytics (DnA) team by developing data visualizations for the front line sellers in North America. Through collaborative work sessions with different sales teams, this position will interact with different sales territories, and industry segments. This position develops information and online dashboards with data that gives the front line sellers advantages of insights into opportunities, leads, forecasts, pipelines, to name a few. Some travel is necessary to meet with different sales teams to participate in their account planning and customer visits to discover and implement insights into their customers based on data.
In addition to data mining and data visualization, this position researches and experiments with forward-looking data visualization techniques and technologies as they become available, such as mobile delivery and correlation with data sets outside Motorola Solutions like global economic indicators.
- Apply Business Intelligence and Data Visualization to extend Motorola advantages
- Create, maintain, publish, and permission Tableau reports and dashboards
- Present narratives of analysis, workbooks to sales teams
- Develop Tableau visualizations at the direction of senior DnA staff
- Collaborate with workgroups, primarily North America Sales organization on analytics
- Provide support as needed to regional operations leads
- Document workbooks for new and existing reports as required
- Participate in the Motorola Tableau User Group community
- Continue learning new Tableau capabilities and introducing techniques and features
- Become familiar and proficient in Salesforce reporting and Tableau integration
- Research and experiment with BI techniques and technologies that are not used at Motorola Solutions
- Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree with an emphasis in Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting or Marketing
- Familiar with data collection and analysis (Tableau and Salesforce a plus)
- Familiar with preparing Tableau reports and dashboards
- Identifies and takes positive action to continuously improve personal performance
- Possess critical thinking and investigative skills
- Ability to foster effective working relationships and build consensus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are required
- Experience/knowledge of the 2-way radio market a plus
- Candidate's Graduation date must occur on or after May 2020
- Candidate's must be pursuing a Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree in one of the following degree programs: Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting or Marketing
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Position TypeNew Grad
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.