Sales Data Entry Specialist (Contractor)
Built In is a network of online communities that has quickly become the #1 recruitment solution for tech companies and startups in seven (7) major markets. We are a company of entrepreneurs building the largest network of communities for entrepreneurs.
By working at Built In you'll have the chance to work directly with the latest, and fastest-growing, technology companies all around the country. We help other companies solve their biggest pain points-talent and awareness with our Employer Branding & Recruitment solutions. We currently operate seven communities: Chicago, Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, NYC, Boston, Seattle and are headquartered in Chicago.
We have aggressive growth plans and need a self-motivated and highly driven individual to join our team as a Contract Sales Data Entry Specialist , located in our downtown Chicago office.
You will be responsible for creating and maintaining a prospect universe for our sales teams to reach out and initiate the sales process. You need to be comfortable navigating a number of external resources to identify prospects and contact information. Ultimately your goal is to research targeted accounts and validate the integrity of our prospect data for the Sales teams. As Built in continues to disrupt the technology ecosystem, expanding our addressable market is imperative.
This is a great opportunity to work hand-in-hand with the Sales teams to supply warm leads and open the door for relationships that will drive the continued success, growth and expansion of Built In.
- Data entry experience a plus
- Aptitude to learn new systems quickly
- You should be comfortable using Salesforce.com and LinkedIn to maintain a pipeline of prospects.
- You should be comfortable working with spreadsheets and managing large amounts of customer/prospect data
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet daily production expectations
- Problem solving skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and work independently
- Stable work history required
What We Value
- Flexible personality – You should thrive on change while remaining highly organized, optimistic, and coachable, on paper and in person. High energy and contagious enthusiasm help too.
- Communication - You should have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to establish credibility and trust with our customer and within Built In. Honesty, transparency, and thoughtfulness are a must. You should be comfortable offering your opinion, even if it differs from the teams and be able to support your position with data.
- Interest in and knowledge of the digital industry - You must be passionate about three things: (1) technology (2) building innovative digital products and services; and (3) helping companies grow. This is what we do. You should know how to navigate local tech scenes. You will be able to quickly pick out the best people, events and organizations to connect and partner within any new market to build the Built In brand.
- Willingness to spend the time to get the job done right and support our brand – You may need to work some evenings and weekends, and responding to customers outside of work hours. If you are passionate about the company and what you are creating, this will not appear as a job but yet a combination of life and work.
- Culture fit – You will need to get along with our team (which isn’t too hard, we think!) as well as all the members vital to the community in which you are building. Humility, selflessness and strong work ethic are requirements.
- Education - Although a degree in marketing, business or a related field is preferred, we value intelligence, personality, experience and overall fit over a degree.
Benefits & Perks
- Casual dress - Come in your sweatshirt, jeans or college jersey. We don't care.
- Free food - We keep our kitchen stocked with free healthy snack foods. We also have unlimited LaCroix, cold brew coffee on tap, and catered lunch (Monday - Thursday).
- Fun work environment - We operate as a flat organization where everyone is responsible to self-manage and take ownership of their work. We are humble, hard working, honest, and love to have fun.